Paranoia

You and Sera are carrying Cole up the stairs to your quarters. She is still drunk and stublming over each step, but at least her hiccups weren't as bad.

"So, what are...hic...you two gonna do when you get in your room? Smooch," she puckers her lips and makes kissy noises.

"I am not bringing him up here to "smooch," Sera. I will have someone up to the room to watch him as soon as we get him situated." You say.

"Oh please, (Y/N). I know this...hic...is just all an act to get him in bed. I see the way you...hic...look at him." She changes her voice and mimics you. "Oh Cole. I just love seeing you...hic...help people. I help people too. Oh no don't fall on me...hic." She starts to laugh loud enough that someone in the main hall would be able to hear her, causing Cole to shift and mumble.

"Shh. We don't wanna wake him until he is somewhere where he can't hurt himself. Preferably not on the stairs."

"Oh, right. You just want him asleep so he's...hic...easier to get in your bed." She gives a small wink. At least you think it was a wink because she starts to blink really hard. She blinks for a long while and she seems to have a hard time stopping it.

"Uh Sera? Are you okay?"

"Psshh, yeah. Just practicing my winkin...hic." she smiles with her eyes closed.

"Let's just stay focused on getting Cole up to the room."

"Okay okay. Quite being...hic...so impatient." Her smile disappears from her face.

When you two reach the room, you set Cole down on your bed, making sure that he has a pillow.

"Okay, that should be good. Sera, would you please go down to the kitchen and get..." You are talking when she interrupts you.

"You just want alone time with him...hic. I see how it is. Kick me out before...hic...before the fun." She winks.

Your face became tinted with a shade of magenta, "You know maybe...you should just keep watch up here then. I'm going to get him some water and bread, to help with the headache he'll have when he gets up." Your face was tucked away so Sera couldn't see your blushing.

"Alrighty...hic...Inquisitor. Bring me...hic..." she starts to feel around her pockets frantically. "It's gone!"

You look at her, "What's gone?"

"My sweet...hic..." she burps and struggles finishing her sentence.

With one eyebrow raised and the color on your face back to normal you chuckle, "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll."

"Yeah! Oh the freaking...hic...freaking piss bucket, hic...ass face...hic...!" As she begins to rant, she flails her hands and trips over onto the bed about a foot from Cole.

You quickly look over at Cole. His chest rose up and down in a steady rythem and didn't seem to react to the sudden fall of Sera on the bed.

You let out a breath of relief "Sera?" You hear a loud snoring coming from Sera as her chest moves up and down a bit more sporadically than Cole's. Well, I guess they'll be okay. Based on the amount of empty tankards, they've had enough alcohol to drop 2 large druffalos.

You exit your quarters and make your way down the stairs. Just as a precaution, you inform a guard standing by the stairs to your quarters to keep an eye out for Sera and Cole. Mainly Cole, because he's never been drunk before. But you are sure to include Sera as well, in case she decides to go off on one of her pranking sprees. Better safe than sorry.

***

The kitchen was dimly lit when you entered. So dim, that you could only see the outlines of items on the counter.  You reach out in front of you to feel around on the counter, only to feel something fleshy. 

Taken aback, you yank your hand away and question what/who was there, but the room remained silent as if there was no one there, but with the recent attack on the hole, you don't take a chance and raise your weapon.  "As Inquisitor, I order you to identify yourself!"

There was still no answer, but the dread of someone there loomed over you. You rubbed your arm, where Flashbacks of Copernicus suddenly flood your mind. His laugh, his giant nose, and his high heeled boots. The sound of his footsteps echoed in your head getting louder as if the room was getting smaller.

click. Click. CLICK.

Suddenly searing pain jolts up your legs to your spine.  You collapse holding onto the wall.  Unlike Haven, this place should have been impenetrable.

"Inquisitor?" A small voice rips you from your flashback and you jump back bearing you weapon at a small red headed elf that stood in the doorway.

The female elf's eye's grew larger than they already were, like two green orbs like the one Coryphaeus had before it broke. Her frail figure held a lantern and shook as she spoke, "Um... I'm sorry Inquisitor. I-I didn't mean to..."

"Oh, I am so sorry. I thought you were..." You quickly sheath your weapon and try to calm down the poor elven servent. "I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just taking extra precaution since the recent events."

"No, its alright. I shouldn't have snuck up on you," she shakes her head and bows into the kitchen, letting the lantern illuminate the room. "I was just sent down here by Chef to get the oven heated for dinner tonight. It's going to be a large feast, since you have recovered."

"A feast, but what of the recent attacks? Should we be celebrating in the middle of a Venitori resurge?" You question and turn around as she continues to light lanterns on tables.

"Well...um...Chef thought it would be a good idea..." she begins to fidget.

"I didn't mean to put pressure on you to answer the question it's not like it was your choice. I'm greatful for all of the effort the inquisition has put into this while I was out." You look down at the table in front of you and see the fleshy item you touched earlier.  It was a the raw leg of a pheasant.

You stare at the raw leg that scared you to the point of taking out your weapon. Something so harmless made you jump, and this upset you? You shook your head.

When the red headed elf finishes lighting the oven she sighs with success, "Alright, now that's done. I should probably clean the tables in the main hall, before the feast. Um...it was nice seeing you Inquisitor." She bows her head and you bow your head back as she leaves the kitchen.

As she leaves, you are left by yourself and have time to remember why you went down into the kitchen in the first place. You grab a loaf of bread from the counter and scoop a tankard of water from a barrel. Although You could have carried those items without a tray, you have an urge to place thing on a tray and arrange the items in a fancy fashion, even though there wasn't much to arrange you owe it to Cole after all. He saved your life.

You place the bread and tankard down and grab a tray from beside the table. As you place the bread and tankard on the tray, you notice that it seemed sort if bland. So you grab a wedge of cheese, an apple, and a sprig of rosemary to bring some colour to the platter. You smile as you think of Cole reaction. Hopefully he'll be happy that you tried to help him.

The smile wipes from your face as you think deeper about Cole's reaction. Earlier you were trying to help, but did he want you to help? He might react differently than you think. You never expected him to get drunk and block out voices, but he did. You take in a deep breath and remove the apple, cheese, and rosemary from the tray. It's probably best if you just brought him what he would need.

Author's Note:  Here the new chapter's out. I know it's been way too long. I haven't been on Wattpad for a while and it wasn't until my friend contacted me to look at my piece that I got back on.  This isn't the best chapter and seems somewhat unfinished to me, but I hope you guys like it. I may edit it in the future. Thank you guys for all the support. :D <3