One

I walked briskly through the later LA air. Ten years passed. Ten bloody years and I was still not right. People would point out 'all this over a boy?' Fuck yes all this over a boy. He was my first love. After Harry left, his friends were left in shambles. It was like he was the glue that held them together. Granger took it the hardest but she kept a tough face and got through school and even Uni. I knew deep down she had been dying inside though. He was her best friend and little brother. Thomas was ruined and he ran off with Finnegan our senior year. Longbottom had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized for a while. Me? I was the worst out of them all.

"Draco, if you think any harder, you're gonna pass out again." Blaise told me breaking me out of my thought. He moved down to LA with me, he knew how important it was to me.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Draco, LA is a big city, I'm just not sure-"

"Do not say that I won't find him." I interrupted. "He's not the other reason I came to live here you know that."
"Yeah yeah I know." He held his hands up in defense. "You so happened to get a job at the hospital here."

"Yeah I did." I sneered. "I worked hard to where I am Blaise." I told him.

"I know Draco." He said and we looked around. "Here, I think we can eat here." I said. It being one of our first nights out, we were still getting a hang of things. We walked over to the little restaurant and walked in. The perky blonde girl holding the menus' smiled at us.

"How many?" She asked.

"Two." Blaise answered and her face fell slightly before grinning again.

"You have accents, where are you from?" She asked.

"England." I answered annoyed. She caught my cold tone and huffed. She nodded before turning around and motioning for us to follow. We did and I looked around to the others in the eatery. They looked fairly attractive, at least a good amount of them, and they all seemed happy. The girl sat us down and told us the drink specials but I decided not to listen. I scanned the menu and settled on a 12oz steak with a baked potato.

"Anything tickle your fancy?" I asked Blaise and he smirked.

"Actually that blonde doesn't look to bad." He told me and this time I smirked.

"Aww thanks babe but I think we should keep it to a friend's level." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Very funny."

"Thanks. And you're no bringing her back to the flat, you could do a lot better."

"Ah ah ah." He wagged his lanky brown finger at me. "You said you wouldn't judge people here."

"Too late." I told him and then another person came to take our drink order. Joey or something. I ordered a beer as Blaise got a pink lemonade. "What are you even getting?"

"I was thinking chicken basil pasta, how about you?"

"I'm getting a steak." I suggested.

"Okay." He nodded. We discussed a few things including my schedule and how he

should get a job to help pay rent. He argued that I would be making a lot of money to do pay the rent on my own. I just rolled my eyes and took a sip of my beer after it came. We ordered and sat in silence until he looked at me very seriously. "Wanna go to a club tonight?"

"Not particularly."

"Drake, you need to get over this funk. You barely talk to people anymore. You have no