Four

Working at the hospital was great. I really liked it because the children were so friendly and curious. It was my fourth day on the job when I was paged over the loud speaker.

            "Dr. Malfoy, please report to exam room four." I heard and I sighed. I walked over to the door and picked up the clipboard. I looked at the name and pursed my lips. Teddy Lupin, brought in because of possible broken arm. I knocked on the door and then walked in.

            Without looking up I said, "Hello, I am Dr. Malfoy and I'm here to examine your arm."

            "Luke?" The familiar voice said. My head shot up and Harry was sitting there with a little boy with brown hair. Harry was looking at me curiously.

            "Harry, what brings you here?" I asked awkwardly.

            "My brother hurt himself. Your last name isn't Malfoy, what's going on?" He asked me and I shook my head.

            "You're right." I nodded. "It's Draconian, however Malfoy is my dad's last name so it makes it easier to pronounce. I don't think I could be a children's doctor with that kind of last name." I chuckled and he smiled.

            "Makes sense." He laughed. I looked at the little boy who was holding his arm and his face was damp from tears. "Teddy, this is Luke. He and I are dating."
             "Nice to meet you." The little boy sniffled and I gave a sad smile. I placed the clipboard down and washed my hands before sitting on the wheelie chair in front of the boy.

            "May I have your arm Teddy?" I asked and he let the hand holding it drop. He whimpered and I scrunched up my face. "How did this happen?"

            "I-I was playing with Harry's neighbor. He has a bunk bed and told me I could jump off the top of it. He's done it loads of times." He told me and I gave a sad smile. "And I did it and didn't get hurt! Then I was about to do it again and his mum walked in. She started to yell that it wasn't safe and I got startled so I fell." He told me.

            "Ah friend's mum's always ruin the fun don't they?" I asked and he gave a small smile. "One time I was at my friend Blaise's house back in England." I started. "He and I were having a sleep over and his mummy made us go to sleep at 9pm. Such a party pooper." I said and he giggled.

            "Harry makes me go to sleep at that time. I hate it." He told me and I looked at Harry who made a face.

            "Well unfortunately my young friend, Harry is correct. But I do believe a cute kid like you can persuade him to stay up later." I whispered and he smiled. I checked his arm as I kept him talking. I had suspected a break somewhere so I ordered for an x-ray. When the results came back, I walked back into the room. "Well it does look you broke it." I said putting the x-rays on the view box. "An incomplete transverse fracture."
             "What does that mean?" Harry asked.

            "You see here how it goes across the bone but it's not broken all the way through the bone?" I asked and he nodded.

            "Yes."

            "That's what it is." I explained and he nodded. I turned to the little boy who was sitting on the table. "So that means you get a cool cast. I am qualified to put it on you so what color do you want?"

            "What colors do you have?" He asked sadly and I smiled.

            "How about glow in the dark?" I asked and he perked up.