She's Back

This story will contain death. Hope you enjoy it.- C

Emma was sat in grannies eating lunch as usual but this day was different. She was anxious. She had heard that someone was coming back to town but she didn't want to see that person. Everyone was happy but little did they know what happened that night.
She had just finished eating her grilled cheese when the bell rang. She knew who it was. It was Regina. She moved out of town seven years ago after the accident. They were only nine when it happened.
Regina walked past Emma not seeming to notice her. Emma hoped she didn't remember, she didn't want another person hating her at school. She was bullied because she was an orphan. She was bullied because she didn't have many friends. She was bullied because she was different. She didn't let anyone see she was hurting at school. She would just cry alone. But when she got away from the school the pain didn't just stop there. She was abused by her foster parents. They would kick her, slap her and treat her like she was rag doll. But the bullies didn't know this so they would carry on hitting her not caring what actually happened in her life.
Regina sat down in the booth behind her and ordered a salad. Emma just had to hope she did not recognize her.
Emma didn't have school so she left grannies and decided to go to the park. She would go to the park most Sundays so she could get away from her parents for a couple of hours. At the park she would always go up to the lonely children and play with them or have a nice conversation the teenagers who looked sad as she didn't want anyone to feel the same way she did, Alone, Afraid and Dead inside.
It was a small community so everyone knew Emma was a kind person so they didn't mind her going to help the children. She was also a babysitter on the weekends once again to get away from her parents but all the money she earned she would have to give to her parents so they could go and get drunk. They made Emma buy all her own presents and pay her own rent with the little money she had from her real grand parents. Her real grand parents would send money to the orphanage she was originally in and she would collect it on Mondays. They didn't want to be involved with her life because they said it would go against what her actual mother and father sad but they wanted to send her money to help her.
She got home at eleven pm hoping her parents would have passed out onto the sofa. Luckily they had so she quietly creeped into her bedroom and lay in bed holding her knees to her chest as she started to cry. That night she had a nightmare. A nightmare that she hadn't had in years. She was with a girl in a car that she stole. They were drinking coffee while watching and movie in the car theatre. Then they left and they were talking but she had not realized how fast she was going until she lost control when suddenly everything went black. The girl she was with was Regina. She woke up shaking and on the verge of tears. She tried to go back to sleep but she couldn't, she had to stay awake for the whole night with just her thoughts to occupy her.
It was Monday which meant she had to go to school. She hated school but she was going to hate it even more this day as Regina would be going to the same school today.
She got up and dressed for school ready to leave the house before her parents woke up.
As she walked to school she met up with Ruby the only person that knew about that night. Emma warned her to stay quiet about it as Regina would be there too and she didn't want her to remember.
When they got into school all they heard was 'did you hear that Regina is coming back. What actually happened for her to leave.' Emma hated it, she felt so guilty knowing she was the reason Regina left. But then she remembered that she had three minutes before the bullies entered the school so she quickly composed herself ready to hide her pain.
The bullies saw her and instantly went to hit her but they were stopped by an innocent voice. The voice simply said stop. The bullies turned around in shock and just walked away. Emma looked around to find out why they were so shocked but as she turned around she realized it was Regina and she understood. She didn't want this to happen. She didn't want to have to talk to Regina, she wanted to avoid her at all costs. That couldn't have gotten off to a worse start.
As the day went by Emma realized Regina was mostly in the same lessons as her. But if it couldn't get worse the teacher always paired Emma with her because Emma was known as the kind and quiet girl who will help anyone. By now Emma knew Regina didn't remember her, that relieved her and scared her at the same time because what if Regina remembers everything again she would hate her. By the end of the day Emma was exhausted and didn't want to go home. She picked up her money from the orphanage and instead of going home she went to the canal. She always went to the canal when she didn't want to go home. It had become the only place where she could relax. She didn't do much while she was at the canal. She would sit on the edge of the bridge and draw or look through tumblr. She realized it was 7 am so she got up and pretended she was walking from home to school until she met Ruby. She didn't want Ruby to know she stayed by the canal. She didn't need people pestering her today.