4. Party

Over the next few weeks Emma and Regina did not have school. Most of the time they were out at parties getting drunk. Emma found alcohol as a way of coping with her parents death. Today was Emma's parents funeral. She had to stand in front of everyone and do a speech. She wqs terrified.
They got to the funeral and sat down in the front rows. By the start of the funeral everyone looked as if they were about to cry but Emma, well Emma showed no emotion. She had cried too much already over them. They were the ones who made a lot of her life miserable. They started by singing a song.Long ago
Just like the hearse, you die to get in again
We are so far from you

Burning on just like a match you strike to incinerate
The lives of everyone you know
And what's the worst you take (worst you take)
From every heart you break (heart you break)
And like the blade you stain (blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight

Came a time
When every star fall brought you to tears again
We are the very hurt you sold

And what's the worst you take (worst you take)
From every heart you break (heart you break)
And like the blade you stain (blade you stain)
Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight

And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight

Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend
To leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide.

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight

And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight

She got up to say her speach. She was shaking.
'So, umm... Well umm..' Emma froze she didn't know what to say. She had prepared a speech but it was made up of lies.
'You can do it Emma' whispered Regina.
'Ok so i am supposed to come up here and say why they were amazing parents but that would all be lies. I am going to tell you the truth.' Emma looked out at the people. Most had a confsed look on their faces. Emma took and deep breath and prepared herself to tell everyone the truth.
'My parents they were amazing up until i turned 13. I remember the first day i spent with them. They took me to a fun fair. It was great. When they became my official guardians i felt like i was actually loved. We would go out to the park eveeyday after school and i would snuggle with them at night. Eventually they wanted another chikd but this time they didn't want to adopt they wanted the child to actually be theirs. They tried for months and eventually on my 13th birthday they told me that she was five months pregnant. I was ecstatic that i was going to be a big sister but three weeks later there was bad news. She had a misscarriage. She tried to stay atrong but failed. I cuddled them both until they fell to sleep then i went to my room. When i woke up i was greeted by a very drunk mother. I made her est on the sofa and woke up Dad to watch her then set out for school. This happened for 2 weeks day and night until one day i came back from svhool to be greeted by two drunk parents. I had never seen Dad drunk. I told them i was home i started to walk to my room but i was pulled back by my dad. He pulled me down the stairs. He then continued to push me to the ground. Wen i was on floor her kicked my side and stamped on my legs and punched my stomach. This carried on for what seemed to be for hours until he became tired and fell to sleep on the sofa. I dragged myself up the stairs and was viently sick. Mom never helped bevause she was too drunk. They both became alcoholics. This carried on for three years until Regina came to live here. They went on a trip so Regina stayed at my house. When they came back i couldn't take being there anymore so i moved in with Regina, my girlfriend.' Emma lokmed at Regina and kissed her, not caring who was watching. She looked around the room to see most people crying and staring at Emma sympathetically.
'So know you know who my parents really were we are going to go bury them with all their sins.'
After the funeral everyone back to the house. Emma hated being there because it brought bavk too many horific memories. Emma and Regina decided to have quite a bit to drink. They walked tried to walk home but stopped at the canal. Emma rested in Regina's lap. They cuddled and eventually fell asleep.
When Emma woke up she looked around and saw no one Regina had gone. All Emma saw was her phone. It had a message on it.
'I'm taking her back, she's mine now you'll never find her - D'

Uploads are Saturday. I'm so happy because i'm going to see P!ATD in November.-C