Hiccup x mermaid reader part 1 ^-^

hai guys i FINALLY remembered to update. It hit me when i was watching Yokai watch (go figure -_-) so yay me. Plus i'm going to make a various x reader book because sometimes i have ideas for one shots for a bunch of different characters and i want to just cram them all in one book. YAY UPDATE        ^_^

Hiccup's pov (takes place during the death song episode)

After countless attempts to find an island to put our outpost on we finally found a lush green island that is good for us and the dragons but something was strange, the reason the dragons were so excited to come here is because of a strange sound we heard and the dragons seemed to be drawn to it.

"This island is WAY better than Berk." Snotlout said laying on the grass.

"Berk? What's that?Because I forgot." Tuffnut replied.

I shook my head and walked down to a more secluded area by the water and sat down.

"Now I can relax." i thought to myself. I was about to close my eyes and take a little cat nap when I noticed something strange on the riverbank. I picked up the strange object only to find that it was a scale, but it didn't look like a dragon scale at all. It was a gorgeous shade of (f/c). 

"So beautiful. I've never a scale like this before. But I have a feeling it didn't come off of a dragon."

I looked over to find more and more scales scattered along the river. My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to follow the little scales further and further down the river.

"Hiccup?? Where are you??" I heard Astrid yell. I groaned and got up, she ran up to me.

"Hiccup what are you doing all the way down here?" She asked me, slightly out of breath.

I quickly hid the scale in one of my many pockets and tried to act natural.

"Oh I guess I got lost in thought and walked a little too far. I'm fine really, let's go set up camp for the night." 

She looked a little skeptical but she shrugged it off. I'll come back later, midnight maybe? It doesn't matter, all I know is that I have to find the thing that left this beautiful of a scale.

Time skip to the middle of the night :3

I opened one eye to make sure no one else was awake. When the coast was clear I silently and stealthly made my way back down to the river. Thank Thor it was a bright full moon tonight so I can actually see where I'm going or else I would really be in trouble.

As I keep walking down the river, the water kept getting deeper and deeper so I just decided to just swim down the river. I got out for a minute to take off my clothes (me: nosebleed) and I put on a pair of shorts and start doggie paddling my way down the river.

I kept swimming down the river because my feet could no longer touch the ground. I have to admit it IS harder to swim with only one foot. Eventually the river did come to an end and it lead to a beautiful cave.

 Eventually the river did come to an end and it lead to a beautiful cave