Part 2

You were reading a book and your mom was sitting on the couch, sipping tea. It'd been a few weeks since she suffered her aneurysm and it seemed as if she was getting better.

You were about to grab your skateboard and skate outside for an hour or so when your mom got up from the couch and screamed. She fell over. She was lying on the floor, holding her head and jerking all at the same time.

You dropped to your knees and held her head as you tried to figure what to do. You were too scared and shocked to do anything; your body was paralyzed.

Soon after, the jerking had stopped and your mother took her last breath.

Your father came rushing in the living room and pushed you onto the ground and said, "I'll never forgive you for this! This is all your fault!"

_______________

You spring up from your bed as sweat trickles on your forehead while your alarm clock beeps loudly. Groaning, you bang the clock and get off bed, walking over to your bathroom to brush your teeth and shower. While on your way there, many thoughts swarm through your mind.

Was it really my fault that Mom was gone? I didn't know how to help! I'm so stupid!

As you begin to brush your teeth, you looked at your reflection in the mirror and nod— It is all my fault.

You throw on a heather grey v neck tee and some light jeans before putting your socks and Vans. Once you get to the kitchen, you're not surprised to see that your dad wasn't there. He never showed any type of affection or care towards you and it didn't really bother you when he didn't. You grab a bowl of cereal and chow it down quickly before putting your skateboard under your armpit and grabbing your backpack and stepping outside into the cool, nice breeze of the morning.

You were outside when Mike, Lauren's father, was standing on your front porch, looking as if he were looking for someone. "Oh hey, Y/N! I was just about see if your father was in."

You shrug and mumble, "I'm not sure where he is." Mike's forehead furrows and you smile reassuringly as you tell him a fib, "He came back late last night."

He nods and you put down your skateboard on the ground and look at the time. 7:45 AM. You were going to be late. Again.

Mike notices you looking at your watch and immediately speaks up, "...Do you need a ride to school? Maybe Lauren can give you one. Although she's always...you know how she is, she's still pretty fond of you," Mike says, grinning from ear to ear.

She's still fond of me? She hates my guts! You don't want to rude to him; he's actually one of the most kindest and generous person you've ever met and it'd hurt you if you saw him sad. Out of reluctance, you follow him over the driveway of his house where Lauren was just about to get into her Jeep.

"Lo! Before you speed off, maybe take Y/N with you. He's gonna be late," Mike says as Lauren groans and crosses her arms at her chest.

"So now he's my responsibility?" She asks, a little rudely if you may say.

"Lauren, it doesn't hurt to be nice to people once in awhile. Who knows, people may even like you more." Now that's gotta hurt.

You try to stifle your laugh but it comes out as a chuckle. Lauren narrows her eyes and mouths, "Shut the fuck up." She gives in eventually and gestures for you to get into her car.

Mike walks away happily, as if his mission was completed for the day. Lauren backed out of the driveway and makes her way onto the road when you placed your fingers on the radio buttons of the stereo.