Part 4

Double update!

---

You nod and say, "And if Brad doesn't call you or acknowledge your existence...then he's missing out on something...great."

Lauren's eyes brighten and you can tell that she's fighting a smile but she holds it back and rolls her eyes, "Just because we're civil and we've said sorry doesn't mean we're suddenly friends, Y/N."

And with that, she saunters away from you.

Well, at least that was solved.

You smirk and make your way home. You couldn't help the huge grin forming on your face as one thought was prominent in your head—

Things were progressing.

The morning sun shined across your face as you squinted your eyes. It was finally the weekend which meant leisure time painting and drawing. Your legs swing over your bed as you rub your eyes, taking the sleep away from your eyes.

Luckily, your dad had left a small, yellow, wrinkled note on the counter stating that he was off on a business trip to somewhere you could care less about. It was a blessing in disguise; your body was barely healing from all that occurred this week.

Since there was not really much to do to that, you figured the best thing was to brush your teeth, find something to eat and relax. You had already made up your mind that you weren't heading to the skate park for a number of reasons. The main reason being Camila. She had constantly texted you, asking your whereabouts. She was becoming an increasingly demanding girlfriend when she wasn't even your girlfriend.

Just as you were about to grab your sketchbook and origami from your room, the doorbell rung. You groan as you saunter over to the door. You open it and you see your uncle, smiling widely. It was certainly a surprise to see him but always a delight. He was the total opposite of your father— very caring, understanding and sensible. He was a father figure to you and he considered you to be his son.

It was a bummer that he lived in an hour away. He did suspect things were going awry at home and always questioning what the bruises were. He patted your shoulder as you smiled.

"How you holding up, kid?" he asks. It's clear by the glint in his eyes that he's really happy to see you.

"Pretty good. Are you free for my dad? He's...not in at the moment," you say.

"He's not? I was supposed to meet him later this afternoon," he says, rolling his eyes.

You shrug and let him inside the house. He walks inside and sits down the couch and you and him begin talking. He came to the conclusion that you and him should go to lunch to catch up. You both had made it to the restaurant within an hour without your uncle giving you a huge fashion makeover, of course. That was the only downside to him. He sometimes disliked what you wore. But that was because he probably thought he was looking out for you.

You fixed the collar of your polo as you wrapped your hand around a cold glass of water and brought to your lips as your phone buzzed in your pocket. You pulled out your phone and slid your fingers across the screen, checking to see what the notification was.

There were two messages— one from Lauren and another from Camila. Again. It was a surprise to see Lauren deciding to contact you, for she had told you that you were on civil terms and had no chance of rekindling your once upon time close friendship.