Part 5

"Well...at least you'll have...one friend there." And with that, she saunters away and heads into her house.

You grin while glancing down at the ground and heading to your own home.

And when you do, something or someone hits you across the face. Hard.

—-

You immediately flinched at the sudden slap and when you turned to look at who or what did this to you, your stomach sank, your palms became sweaty and your mouth dry.

"Camila?"

——

After regaining your composure, both you and Camila sat down on the curb. There were so many questions running through your head— What did she want? How did she find out where I live? Is she that desperate?

She turns to you and bites her lower lip, "I'm sorry for hitting you."

You raise an eyebrow. You didn't want to say anything because you're still taken aback about the whole situation.

Camila becomes frustrated with your silence and explodes, "Why the fuck haven't you be answering my calls? I've been texting you and calling you but you never fucking answer me!"

She's blaming you right now? Did she forget that she's basically stalking you?

"Oh, so it's my fault that you're suddenly here. In front of my house," you deadpan.

This causes her eyes to wide and you definitely see the hesitation in her face.

"Well, I..." she begins, turning her gaze away from you. "I needed to talk to you."

"No!" you yell, "You're stalking me. You're so desperate for me to like you that you're trying every tactic for me to basically give in to you. That's really pathetic."

She's silent. Tears start to form in her eyes as she picks herself up from the curb.

"You know...I'm not even sure why I decided to hook up with you in the first place. It was all a mistake."

Camila shakes her head, as warm tears fall down her cheeks, "You don't mean that."

You get up and stand close to her, your face near hers, "Oh, yes I do. I shouldn't have gone that far. Now...I'm in one big mess." You sigh and as you say sternly, "I'm not in love with you nor do I love you and I'm pretty sure I won't ever so stop trying."

Camila sobs as she screams at the top of her lungs, "Fuck you! You were the worst lay ever, anyway!" And with that, she runs away from you.

You don't even try to catch up to her; you watch her walk away, no remorse washing over you.

——

It was Monday morning. You basically blocked out the whole fiasco with Camila and tried to focus on other things. Like schoolwork. It was a sudden routine, yes, but...if you didn't work on that English project, Lauren would kill you if she didn't get an A.

You made it to school on time for once in many, many months and headed over to your locker. Lauren was blocking it. You smirked and crossed your arms.

"So...are you blocking the locker police officer, now?"

Lauren rolls her eyes and says, "Are you done with the project, yet?"

You try to move past her to go to your locker but she blocks your way. "Almost. Can you move?"

Lauren narrows her eyes, "What's the magic word?"

"Please...ice princess," you say, chuckling.