Chapter 1: The Encounter

//In advance, I would like to state that words in italics and in quotations ("   " ) are spoken in native tongue. If there is any confusion in the future, please do leave a comment below and I will get back to you on it ASAP. Now, let the story, begin.

In the 18th Century, during early spring, Pocahontas was enjoying the morning breeze. It was a peaceful morning for her and the others within the village. It had been years since she'd seen Ratonhnhaké:ton, but she knew he was busy with his own matters and knew that it was wrong to bother him with her own issues and matters at hand. Pocahontas had her eyes closed as her legs hung over the edge of a cliff nearby her village. She then proceeded to feel the wind pick up. The native woman opened her eyes to see different colored leafs and different kinds of flowers circle around her gracefully, dancing around her form as if it was saying hello to her. 

Pocahontas couldn't help but allow a small smile crawl upon her lips. She let her mind wander further into her thoughts before she heard the drums of her tribe beginning to pound its sound into the ground and the air.  She quickly used her right hand and body to push herself up before she ran down the cliff side path, to her village. 

If you are curious, those drums mean that her father had returned from a journey he had been on for a year or so. And signified, that everyone must meet in the center of the village to greet him and the warriors. 

Pocahontas let her legs and feet guide her through the familiar landscape before she ran through the entrance of the village gates. She slowed her pace down to a fast walk and had glided through the villagers without a trace of difficulty. The woman could not help but smile happily when her father, the Chief of the village, had stepped off the boat and onto land. She ran towards him and hugged him tightly. 

"Welcome back home father. How was your journey?"

"Haha. It was fine my dear. It is wonderful to come back home at last." 

The Chief stated before he pulled back a bit from the embrace they shared before he gently took her chin within his rough, yet calming hand, and lifted her head up to look at him. 

"Your beauty has out done you my dear. You certainly have enhanced your mother's appearance. If I dare say so myself." 

Pocahontas giggled and shook her head gently, taking her father's hand into both of her small, soft, silk like textured hands and smiled up at him. 

"You flatter me father with such words. But I merely the daughter of the Chief, but yet, I have the wisdom and strength of my mother. Does that suffice you?"

The Chief sighed softly and cupped his daughter's face and gave a small, curt nod. 

"Yes. It does my daughter. We must speak in private. "

"Of course father."

With those words exchanged, her father spoke to his people before he walked with his daughter to his hut. He opened the curtain like door for her and she walked inside. 

"What did you wish to speak about father?" 

"Your upcoming marriage." 

"Ah. I see...What about it?" 

"It may be delayed?" 

"For whatever the reason?"

The Chief sighed to himself before looking sorrowfully at his only child. 

"Kocowhem has passed. Many beasts on our journey attacked him...He will not live to be married to you."

"I see. Thank you, for notifying me of this father."