Chapter 8

Mabel and Ford first ventured to the Mindscape. The Mindscape was a big place. It was almost like a house except for the fact that it had a really long endless hallway full of thousands of doors and the color is only in the shades of gray.

Each door led to a person's mindscape. So basically, the Mindscape they were in is the world that connects all the other minscapes.

They stayed there for hours, checking everywhere in the mindscape. There were some doors that didn't lead to a mindscape, all the mindscape-leading doors were in a single hallway.

They didn't stay in that hallway for long, instead they search everywhere in the 'house'. They entered a room, two rooms actually, that represented a bedroom. One of them had portraits from different timelines, they figured that was Bill's room.

The other room was rather simple and empty, paper scattered on one the table, they guessed it could have been Dipper's room.

They stayed a little longer looking for Dipper. But it seemed that there was no one in the mindscape at the moment.

That means there's one other place where Dipper could be.. Ford sighed and turned to face Mabel.

"Look Mabel, clearly your brother isn't here so I have to go to the other dimension-"

"-You mean we" Mabel interrupted.

Ford gave her a pitying look. "Listen Mabel, I can't let you come with me to the nightmare realm." Ford's tone was low.

Mabel tried to fight back tears. "But Grunkle Ford! He's my brother! I should help finding him!"

Ford sighed. "Mabel, it would be better if you didn't come with me, besides, who knows, maybe your brother will not be the same and I don't want to hurt you like that"

Mabel was silent for awhile, looking down at her shoes as she shifted her feet. She tried to hide her feelings but it was just too much so she quietly cried.

"E-even if my bro... If... He's different... We'll find a way to bring him back... Right?" Mabel sounded desperate. Her voice nearly a whisper.

She looked up to face her Grunkle, awaiting his response.

Ford wiped the tears from her cheeks with his thumb. "Of course" he said but 'IF I can bring him back' was left unspoken.

"Okay Grunkle Ford, you can go alone" Mabel sighed. She had to keep herself from crying.

Ford gestured to the teleportation machine and he went inside after Mabel. He brought her back to the shack and he went to the nightmare realm... Alone.

He had to save Dipper somehow, for Mabel.

[A/N]
Sorry for the really late update. But I obviously couldn't keep up with my schedule so I'm just going to update this whenever I can. Hopefully at leat once a week.