Chapter 10

It was nighttime when they got back to the shack. When Dipper and Ford went up from the basement Mabel had tackled Dipper in a bear hug.

"Dipper, I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too" he said as he awkwardly returned the hug.

~
As they were eating dinner, they were all enveloped in silence and Mabel couldn't handle it.

She wanted to start a conversation but what would she say?

Dinner was quiet except from the clinking sounds made by the plates.

Ford decided to break the silence.
"Uh. I guess we should all rest now, today was really tiring after all."

~

Mabel glanced at her brother on the other side of the attic room.

"Hey, Dipper..." She said, her voice a whisper.

"Yeah?"

"What did... What did he do to you?" Dipper stared at her for a while and then turned around to face the wall.

"I-I don't wanna talk about it..." He said in a low whisper it was barely audible, but Mabel heard him anyway.

"Oh- well goodnight bro- bro, promise me you won't disappear in the morning" She said her eyes drooping and fell asleep not hearing Dipper's next words.

"No promises" he said with a chuckle and when he was sure Mabel was asleep.

~

12:04 am

The clock by his night stand read. He jumped off his bed and went to open the door, careful to not make any sounds.

He crept down the stairs, careful of his footing so that he won't wake anyone up.

He went to the kitchen, quietly opening the drawer which kept the kitchen utensils.

He picked up a knife, and hid it in his vest pocket.

He crept up the stairs back to his room. He stood by Mabel's bedside, his shadow looming over her. He took out the knife and was about to plunge it to Mabel's vunerable body when...

Click.

Something cold pressed itself on the side of his head.

"Put the knife down. NOW" a voice beside him said. He looked to the side and saw Ford.

"Or else what?" Dipper grinned, not caring about the gun pressed unto his head.

"I don't wanna hurt you Dipper, put the knife down or else I'm gonna have to pull the trigger"

Dipper, still holding the knife, grin turning into a frown, suddenly hugged his uncle.

And started sobbing.

Ford was taken aback, maybe Bill was possesing him earlier.

Then he felt a sharp pain in his back, the sobbing turned into laughter.

Ford pushed Dipper away, preventing him from pushing the knife further.

Dipper didn't let go of the knife so as he was pushed, a long gash was made on Ford's back.

He clutched his shoulder, to where the gash ended. He looked up at Dipper.

"Y-you're not the Dipper I knew"

Dipper chuckled.

"D-dipper?"

They both turned to look at Mabel sitting up on her bed looking at Dipper with wide eyes.

She saw the knife he was holding and her eyes welled up with tears.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!" She screamed.

Dipper was quiet, yet he felt no guilt.

He suddenly felt something hard hit his head and the next thing he saw was darkness.

[A/N]
I meant to update last week but I forgot about this fic. Sorry haha.
Blame it on dragons. It's their fault.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Amd sorry that it's short, saving up the good stuff for the future hehe.