Imagine #1 - Damon

Prompt: "Don't leave me"

Summary: You're a new vampire and Damon helps you with it.

Your POV

Everything was heightened, my sense of smell, my sight, my hearing and I honestly think I was going insane.

I gasp sitting up. I look around and notice how I'm not in my own bed.

"Oh good you're awake" a voice says from my right. I turn to look to see a quite attractive man in the doorway.

"Who are you? What am I doing here?" I question frantically at the stranger. "Relax its okay" he says walking into the room towards the bed. He lightly places his hand on my shoulder. I flinch away making him frown.

"Who are you?" I ask again. "Damon Salvatore" he replies sitting on the bed. "Ok. Why am I here?" I ask. "Do you feel okay?" He asks avoiding my question.

"Well my head is pounding. But for some reason I feel strong" I confess to him.

"Alright Y/N I need to tell you something and don't freak out until after I finish" Damon says firmly. I nod.

"You're in transition to be a vampire" Damon says quickly but I hear every word. What? I sit there shocked.

"No. No. No. That's impossible. I never had vampire blood! I never died! Why are you lying to me?" I stand up abruptly.

"Y/N sit down and I'll explain" Damon urges. I cautiously sit down.

"I checked with Meredith, well Dr.Fell, with your records. She said that she gave you my blood to help heal your broken arm. When you crashed last night you died almost instantly but later you woke up in the hospital due to the blood. You now need to feed on human blood to complete the transition or you will die Y/N" Damon explains to me.

"Oh" I mutter.

"Hey Damon is Y/N- oh hello" A man says walking into the room.

"I'm Stefan" he smiles. "Hi" I smile back lightly.

"Y/N what do you want to do?" Stefan asked. "She's going to feed that's what she is going to do" Damon argues. "She can choose for herself." Stefan scowls at Damon. "I'm not going to let her die!" Damon says raising his voice. Stefan raises his eyebrows with a questioning voice before nodding.

"I want to feed" I say quietly. Damon looks at me. "What?" Stefan asks. "I want to feed." I repeat louder. Stefan nods and Damon continues looking at me. "I'll go get a blood bag" Stefan says walking out the door.

"Are you sure?" Damon finally says. I nod. "You don't want me to die" I say looking at his facial features. "It's truly your choice Y/N. I don't mean to push you to do anything" he says. "I choose to feed Damon. I'm not ready to die again" I smile lightly.

Stefan returns with the blood bag and hands it to me. I look at it for a second then look up at Stefan and Damon. Stefan gives me a reassuring smile and Damon nods.

I slowly bring the bag to my lips and take a slow drink. I feel a rush of relief fill through me as I feel my hunger fade. I finish the bag and place it on the nightstand.

I feel my fangs pop out and my hand immediately flies up to touch them. They were quite pointy. Then I felt underneath my eyes where my veins were protruding out. "Weird" I mutter.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asks. "Yes" I say honestly. He nods and steps out. Damon gets up to leave.

"Don't leave me, Damon" I say. He turns back and looks at me. I lean back in the bed and pat the spot next to me. Damon crawls in. He puts his arm around my shoulder and I lean into his side.

"Even though you didn't intentionally save me. I want to say thank you" I say. "You're welcome" He says back.

"My life is going to be so much different" I mumble. "And I plan to help you every step of the way Y/N" Damon says determinedly. I smile softly.

first imagine!! please request!!

vote, comment, fan, enjoy!

-kris