Imagine #4 - Klaus

Prompt: "Don't you think for one second that I didn't care"

Summary: You have a love hate relationship with Klaus.

Your POV

Moving to New Orleans was the first step into the right direction for you. You've lost everything. Your family. Except for your old man. Your friends. Even your hope for the good. That was until you met a special person. Elijah Mikaelson. The ol'mighty original vampire.

Through your friendship with Elijah, you met his family. They accepted you well. Rebekah took you shopping the first day. Kol said suggestive things making you blush. Finn was a gentlemen. Freya hugged you tightly, thanking you for being there for Elijah. Then there is Klaus. The first thing he said to you was "Why is she here? Feed?" He chuckled. Of course Elijah defended you, but that didn't stop Klaus. Klaus despised you. Besides the times he didn't.

Klaus wouldn't admit it but he loved you. Like a lot. He cherished the moments he had with you even if they were filled with violence and banter.

"Elijah, I'm fine!" You smile at the vampire. He checks your body for anymore wounds before nodding. "Alright, I shall let you rest. Scream if you need anything" Elijah smiles at you. He then walks out the door, shutting it behind him.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and see my recent texts.

Tiffany: Hey gurlllly!! Where you been?!! You good?

Harry: Wanna meet up for coffee?

Dad: Are you okay?

Unknown: watch your back bitch

You shake your head before putting the phone back. You were recently attacked by a vampire resulting in a broken arm and a wound on your neck. Physically, you were fine. Emotionally, you were a freaking mess.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in" You holler, expecting it to be Elijah. However, it's Klaus. "Love, I heard about your incident. Are you okay?" Klaus asks you. "Oh so you do care?" You roll your eyes. Your mood suddenly changing. "Of course, love" Klaus frowns. "Why would you think that?" He continues.

"Well for starters you hate me and my well being is the least of your worries" You scowl at him. Klaus frowns at you. You raise your eyebrows, waiting for a response.

Klaus scratches the back of his neck before saying, "Don't you think for one second that I didn't care". You look at him in shock. "But you hate me" you mumble.

"Love, there is a thin line between love and hate" Klaus softly smiles at you. "Oh, so what are you saying Niklaus?" You ask.

"I love you, Y/N. I'm in love with you. I never hated you. I just couldn't possibly believe that I, an original, has felt love for a human. But I'm happy I did. Because, I love you so bloody much" he states before passionately kissing you hard.