Keep Your Cool

Author's Note 2018: I wrote this whole thing in two months in 2016, meaning it's amateur, sometimes awkward, and just a joke overall. It was my first fanfiction, so don't expect too much. 😂 I apologize in advance.

      Alya rolled her eyes as she realized that I had been dreamily staring at my crush, Adrien. Alya is my best friend and has been since we started high school. I think sometimes she thinks I'm a nut for always being lovestruck around Adrien.

     "Marinette, girl... You better quit staring! Just go talk to him already!" Alya laughed, giving me a push.

Her friendly shove landed me over to where Adrien was standing and talking to his best friend, Nino. I gaped, then smiled nervously.

       Alya gave Nino a death stare and he told Adrien, "Oh I gotta hit the John! See you later dude!"

He followed Alya out to the hall. As they walked out of the classroom, she signaled that she had her eyes on me.

       "Hey Marinette!" Adrien greeted me. I tried to approach him like a cool girl but I clumsily tripped over a chair, being the klutz I am.

       "Whoa there! Looks clumsy Marinette can't even walk past a chair without hitting her face on the ground!" Chloe exclaimed, laughing at me with her friend, Sabrina. Adrien gave her a deadly look and helped me to my feet.

       "Can anyone even be born that clumsy?" Sabrina added to my embarrassment.

"It must be illegal just like her along with the amount of ugliness she was born with!" Chloe felt obligated to add.

I mumbled some words before running out of the classroom to find Alya. I saw her and Nino conversing and I ran over to them.

"Hey girl! How'd it go?" Alya asked me enthusiastically.

"Not so great... I tripped over a chair," I face-palmed.

Adrien quickly rushed out of the classroom to find me.

"Are you okay Marinette? It wasn't very nice of Chloe and Sabrina to say that about you," he said.

I gave him some nervous laughter and my dorky smile.

"Yep! Totally! It's all great! One hundred percent perfect! Totally fine!" I yelled a little too enthusiastically before Alya gave me a smack in the arm to shut up.

He laughed sweetly and his perfect dreamy green eyes gleamed. I nearly fainted when he did that. Alya gave me another smack to snap me out of it.

I was extremely anxious and jumpy around Adrien. I must've looked insane.

The bell rang and we went into the classroom to start class. Alya and I scampered off to make our way to our seats next to each other.

     The strict teacher motioned for everyone to get back to their assigned seats. "Okay class. We will be starting a research project. I will be assigning partners randomly and you must get this work finished.

I nervously bit my nails and Alya sighed at my excitement.

"Partners are: Alya and Nino, Adrien and Marinette, Sabrina and Ivan-"

     I didn't hear the rest of the words. I was too busy imagining the worst possible scenarios that would go down during the project with Adrien. What if I did the project wrong and failed the both of us? What if I ruin it?