Chat's First Girls Day Out (Pt. 1)

Marinette's Point of View

Our lame school day came to an end and a new friendship came to a start.

Chloe, Sabrina, and I met up after school at the front.

"I'm calling my daddy to get a limo for us. Are you ready, Marinette?" Chloe asked me.

"Of course," I said, less enthusiastically than I would as my old self.

"Sounds good!" she said before calling her dad.

Sabrina smiled at me shyly. "So are you going to hang with us for a while?" She asked softly.

"Sure, why not?" I sighed.

"Really?" Sabrina asked as I heard the hope growing in her throat by the second.

"Uhmmm.... Sure?" I replied, shrugging.

A lame white limo pulled up; Chloe was still on the phone.

I guessed it was probably Adrien's limo. As he walked to his limo, he gave me a small wave and a hopeful smile.

As much as I despised the pity I felt, I covered it up by shooting my nose up in the air, crossing my arms and turning away from him with a small, "Hmmph!"

In reply, his smile faded and he sadly pulled himself into his limo. 

A small stab-like feeling burned into my stomach. Could it be regret?

His miserable eyes met my gaze and I pulled my attention away from him.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asked me.

"Sure, I guess," I tugged a small half-hearted smile up.

She gave me a caring smile and I plastered a more realistic one onto my face.

Finally Chloe's pink limo pulled up and we all hopped in excitedly. We mindlessly chattered and giggled all the way to the mall.

"What shop should we check out first?" Sabrina asked us.

"Maybe we should hit the food court cause I'm starving! Anyone else in?" Chloe suggested.

"I say yes!" Sabrina cheered, pumping her fist in the air.

"I second that motion!" I shot my hand up in the air as if I were in class.

"Sheesh Miss Class President! Proper much?" Chloe lightheartedly teased me.

"Haha! I know right?" Sabrina laughed along.

I let out a few giggles.

"How much homework did we get today?" Sabrina piped up.

"We had like two assignments, Sabrina. They were easy to finish in class. Don't you remember?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah! Hehe!" She giggled.

"Oh Sabrina!" Chloe laughed, hugging her best friend.

After ten minutes of our mindless chatting, we finally arrived to the mall. We thanked Chloe's driver and hopped out.

"What should we get first? Hot dogs?" Sabrina asked as we approached the entrance.

"Eww... Maybe fries," Chloe replied.

"Oh, I love fries!" I commented cheerfully.

"French fries since we're in France," Sabrina punned.

"My puns are so much better," a familiar voice came from behind us.

I silently cursed as I turned around to see my partner standing there.

"Chat Noir? Is that you?!" Chloe nearly fan-girled.

"Yep! The one and only," he smirked, flexing his muscley arm in my face like the show-off he was.

"What even, Chat?" I pouted, leaning my head on his chest in teasing disappointment.

"Mind if this cool cat crashes your party?" He requested, looking down at me as I looked up from his chest.

"If you don't mind being dragged to girly stores to shop for clothes and make-up," Chloe giggled.

"Oh. Tha-that kind of shopping? Yeah, uh thanks for the offer, but I'll be on my way," he tried to leave, but all three of us pulled him back.

"Too late! You're already stuck with us!" Chloe stated, giggling.

"Yay! One of Paris's best superheroes is going shopping with us!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Alright. Alright, just please don't go to any crazy girl stores," Chat attempted to make a compromise.

"You can leave that up to us," Sabrina laughed.

I grabbed Chat's hand and pulled him with us to the food court. "Did you bring any money, Chaton?" I asked him.

"Oh... No," he replied with a pouty look on his face.

"Don't worry, Chat. I got you covered," I assured the cat-boy.

"So what would you like?" I asked him.

"Aww Marinette, Princess. You don't have to do this for me," Chat got all gushy and emotional.

"No, please pick something! I owe you," I insisted, pulling on his leather-covered arm.

"You are such a great friend. I'm good with anything. As long as it's not too expensive for you," he told me in reply.

Friend.

"Fries?" I asked, looking at him.

He started purring and rubbing his face against my shoulder in a cat-like way. I couldn't resist but scratch behind his ears.

He finally came to try realization of what he was doing and his face turned red. Chloe, Sabrina, and I all giggled and he cleared his throat with embarrassment.

"You didn't see anything!" Chat whisper-shouted, hiding behind a plant.

We stood in line at a burger and fries place in the food court. As we finally got to order, I waited to go after Chloe and Sabrina. They both ordered medium sized of fries. I ordered the same, except a large order of fries for Chat since he loves food so much.

We sat at a nearby table and ate our after school meal.

"Thanks again for the fries, Marinette! You didn't have to do that," Chat said.

"I know, but you've done nothing but be there for me and this was the least I could do to repay you!" I insisted, pushing his shoulder gently.

"Aww, are you guys a couple?" Sabrina's eyes grew large with excitement like she was seeing a puppy walk for the first time.

"Nah, we're just good friends," I answered, stroking back the hair on my kitty's head.

Chloe smiled at us, letting out a small laugh.

"I ship it," Sabrina whispered not-so-quietly.

Blushes grew upon both Chat's and my cheeks.

Friends...?