Chapter 8

Carson's Pov

I paced by the hospital room the pack doctor had Tyler in. After the huge gash in his side he passed out right after. Jace was sitting on the floor next to the door with his head between his legs. We haven't moved from this spot since he got put in there. They had already stitched him up we are just waiting for him to wake up. The doctors said not to go in there but by this point I think me and him both are about to ignore him and go in.

We didn't even know if the baby was okay. That is honestly what had me worried the most. I knew Tyler would be okay. He was a fighter but the baby was still relying on him for everything.

After another hour we heard faint crying coming from the room. It wasn't very strong but it was there. Jace stood up just as the doctor walked out. "Well, we had to do an emergency c-section. The baby is very premature but looks like will live. Tyler on the other hand is in a coma. The slice went through his rib cage and punctured a lung. He has internal bleeding that for some reason his body isn't fixing. I'm not sure how long he will be out but if we don't do surgery soon he may not make it."

I sighed and leaned against the wall before sliding down it.

"Can we see him?" Jace asked, on the verge of tears.

The doctor nodded before walking away.

I sighed and walked in behind Jace. The baby was laying beside him in his own little bassinet sleeping.

Walking up to Tyler I see him laying there. His skin was pale but he looked peaceful.

Jace carefully picked the baby up and put him in his arms. I noticed there was a pink blanket it wrapped around her, making me smile. Tyler was right, it was a baby girl. Now he just has to wake up to see it.

I looked back at him and sighed. Tears involuntarily fell down my face as I stared at him. His chest slowly rose then fell with each breath he took. Even looking like death he looked amazing.

"I don't want to name her until he wakes up." Jace whispered, handing her over to me.

I nodded and took her. I smiled at how beautiful she was. She was very small but breathtaking.

I heard the door open and seen the triplets come in along with Tyler's parents and both his aunt and uncle.

Tyler's mom and aunts bent down and smiled at the baby. I stood up and handed her over to his mom. "We aren't picking a name until he wakes up." I whispered then sat down and stared at Tyler. I held onto his hand, noticing how cold it felt.

"I want everyone living here until this is over," Jace said, looking at Tyler's dad, "There is more then enough room since we added the extra space. I don't want anyone else dying or getting hurt because of this fucker. If Tyler doesn't make it we need to expect a war coming soon. He's going to take advantage of him being gone and try and take over."

Tyler's dad was nodding along but you could tell he wasn't really listening. He was staring at Tyler like I was. "He's going to wake up." He whispered then walked out.

I watched him walk out and sighed. He's only known him for ten years. He has barely had any time with him and now there was a chance that he could lose him. I think he was taking it harder then any of us. Even his mom, even though you could tell she was sad, wasn't as bad as her husband. What is even worse is he wasn't there to help. They were across state trying to get other covens and packs to help with our battle. When he heard the news while in the middle of talking to a pack he came straight home.

That night me and Jace laid on the bed that we had brought in and pushed up to Tyler's bed. I was holding Tyler's hand while ran his fingers through my hair. All I could do was watch him. I felt numb. I felt like if he didn't make it I had no reason to stay here. I had no reason to live. After I thought that I stopped myself. I had four beautiful kids and Jace I had to think of. He was my mate just as much as Tyler was. Jace couldn't do this alone. He loved us to much to even try.

"Tyler would probably kill us if he seen the way we were acting."

I chuckled slightly and nodded. "At least I'm eating. Wait till he finds out your not eating and don't think he wont. The kids will rat you out before you get one word in to him." I smirked.

He chuckled. "At least I'm sleeping."

"Let's face it, we are both screwed." I smiled and turned over to look at him. "You go and eat I will sleep then we will both be on the safe side."

He chuckled. "Tomorrow. When he's awake."

I rolled my eyes then closed them. "And if he's not." I whispered.

"Then we keep hoping." He whispered back then kissed my head.

I sighed. Looking back over at Tyler I memorized every beautiful feature on his face before finally giving in and sleeping.