Chapter 17

Tylers POV

Running my hand through Dave's hair, I smile slightly at his relaxed look. Worrying about him for so long has taken a toll on everyone but knowing what he has been through makes the worry double.

"Dad?"

"Ya, baby its me."

"What time is it."

I yawned before looking down  at my watch. "3:45 in the morning." I answered looking back at him.

"Why are you still here, the doctor already said I  was going to live." he chuckled.

I smiled. "I know, bud, just couldnt leave you alone."

He nodded then sighed. "We are going to get them right."

I bit my lip before nodding. "Ya, you have nothing to worry about."

He nodded before closing his eyes. "When can I  go to my room."

"As soon as you get getter. Your wolf took a pretty  bad beating and is going to take a lot to get better. You need to rest for now and not worry anything but getting better."

He nodded, closing his eyes again. "I love you, dad."

"Love you to, baby." Leaning up I kiss his forehead just as he falls asleep. Leaning back on my chair I wrap my blanket around myself more.

"You coming to bed soon?" I hear behind me as a set of arms wraps themselves around me.

"Mm I'm gonna sleep in here tonight. Hoping it will calm my nerves a little."

He nodded, kissing my temple. "Carson is worried about you. Losing one child is enough."

I sighed, thinking about my baby girl. "Tell him I will be up in a little bit." I whispered, kissing his cheek.

Jace smiled and nodded. "Love you." He said, walking away.

"Love you to." 

Carsons POV

"Hes going to be fine." I told David as i walked into his office the next monring. Shutting the door i walked over to the first chair next to his desk I could get in.

"Thats good. I was thinking last night with that I think hes close." He said, pulling a map out of the city. 

"Why?"

He grabbed a penthen unfolded the map. "Because we of where we are located and where they left Dave at it would take a day on either party of the city to get to where we are." Dave wrote a huge circle at where we are located then drew a small line at entrances into the city. "The only way into the city are at these pointed all of them day at least 24 hours to get through unless he came from springfield. But springfield is to to big for a bunch of wolves to try amd camp at."

I stood up with him. "So, how many wooded parts are around here. Hes not going to risk being this close to us and us not realize it. Its to much of a risk plus we circle almost all of this land in our patrols."

"In all there are 4 different wooded areas. Right before you hit ozark there is all that back there." He pointed at the map. "But its hard to camp over there with all the hills then over as you are going to springfield, which is a good spot then towards clever and towards highlandville. But that area is going to be some work." 

I sighed and nodded. "We need a plan before anyome goes anywhere. We need to make sure they are there first before we take a whole crowd."

"Rogues travel alone if just one person goes he could claim as a rogue if he happened to get caught."

I nodded. "We will search the larger areas three at a time. Leave it for today and if they are close we can plan accordingly and hope for the best. I will be damned if this bastard gets away from us again"

"Don't worry, Carson, he wont even see us coming. So when did the boys get mated to each other."

I chuckled. "Dude, I don't even want to talk about that. My kids arent supposed to be mated nevermind being mated together."

He laughed. "I think its hilarious but thats just me." He smirked.

I smiled, shaking my head. "Screw off, Dude."

"Did you tell them to be careful?"

I looked at him, confused. "Who and why?"

"The boys. Since they are mated there is no telling how much they are like Tyler. I do think your a little young to be a grandpa and I'm more then sure they are to young to be parents."

I shook my head. "Tyler was only able to get pregnant once Jace entered the picture. We are still expecting them to have another mate. If its a girl then she would take over the chance of them having a baby."

"You have been reading." He smirked.

"I wanted to know as much as I could. When Michael told me they were mated I thought I was a goner dude. Would have died the same way my dad did."

Dave started laughing. "He always use to say,"

"Aint no rogue gonna get me. My luck I will die of a heart attack." We said at the same time then busted out laughing. 

"Thanks dude, I needed that." I said once we had calmed down.

He nodded, still smiling. "Your dad was definitely the king of jokes. Didnt mater how serious the situation he always seemed to make everyone laugh just to brighten the mood."

I smiled and shook my head. "Sometimes you have to laugh even if the situation is serious. Better to laugh then die worrying."

He nodded then sighed. "I'm getting to old for this."

"Dude you can never be to old to laugh."

"I didnt mean laughing you idiot." He chuckled, throwing a pen at me.

I smiled, throwing the pen back. "Your only 28."

He rolled his eyes. "Ya in human years. I will be 200 in a month dude,"

"Ya wait until we get to our parents age."

"I dont even want to think about that. My dad was 450 dude. And was still kicking."

I chuckled. "Ya kicking and screaming. He never listened. Always had some excuse on why he didnt need to do it."

He chuckled and nodded. "He was great though. Took you in when your parents died."

I smiled and nodded. "He was a great alpha to. Probably the best this pack has ever seen."

Dave nodded. "I always hear stories from everyone. As long as he is still on everyones mind then hes still alive."

"He will always be on everyones mind. He was awesome. You know your just like him right."

He rolled his eyes. "Ya right. He would have already gotten us through all this."

"Its not your fault Darren is smart. But we have him now and this time he ain't using his twin brother as a cover up."

He nodded as we heard crying through the baby monitor. He groaned. 

"Well looks like you are busy. I'm going to go see Dave. After dinner we can work on our plan." I said, standing up. 

"Sounds good. Let me know how Dave is."

"Will do." I said, waving and walking out.

-----------------

Sorry for such a long wait. I onky have a tablet to update on and its big with no attachable keyboard so its harder to type on. Will try to update again soon but no promises. Hopefully Iwill be able to get my laptop here soon.