Broken Things Are Mended

Tony Stark

The demon kid left after having lunch. Fury tried to recruit him, but Nico merely shook his head, and hopped into a shadow.

In the weeks to come, Percy became slightly more introverted, but after going for a swim, he went back to his old sarcastic, hormonal, teenage self. I really wanted to test the limit of his powers, but something inside was stopping me. I felt that he deserved his space. I know, wierd.

After the whole Nico episode, Jane became thoroughly terrified of the dark. She always had JARVIS turn the lights on and off for her, six yards before she entered a designated room. She was still slightly cautious of Percy, but forgave him. Thor was still in the process. Cap, he seemed to take it really hard that the kid could control the elements (calling it 'ungodly'). Pepper stayed the same, but somehow she started being a mother figure to Percy. Which was totally unfair, I didn't even know she had motherly instincts in her.

I mean, he gets head trauma, but I'm dating her. I ask for a sandwich and she tells me to "get off my lazy ass and get it myself", but she OFFERS to fix Percy ANY type of food he wants! She doesn't go to the chef's I hired either! She actually fixes him food! Not only that, but they go swimming together, and take walks through Central Park every morning, TOGETHER! I swear she even missed going to the Stock Exchange for their daily morning walks. If the kid wasn't twenty years younger than me, I would have thought he was actually going for Pepper.

"Tony!" Pepper called out, and walked into my workshop. She kissed my cheek and sat down on and upturned bucket,

"I was wondering if you wanted to come eat dinner with us." She said, and I slipped a screw into an open crevice,

"Who's us?" I mumbled, a screwdriver in my mouth. She raised an eyebrow,

"Percy and me. I ordered Chinese." She said, and I nodded,

"Sure, I'll be there in a few minutes." She smiled, and started walking out, I grumbled under my breath, Pepper had snared me into one of her "Bonding with Percy" sessions with Chinese takeout.

"JARVIS?" I called out,

"Yes, sir?"

"I need you to cancel anything I have tonight." I said,

"Sir, you didn't have plans to begin with." he replied.

"Nothing at all?" I frowned,

"No sir." his cool voice said, damn it.

I nodded, and went to take a shower before dinner. I didn't feel it necessary to arrive late and dirty, and wake Pepper's wrath.

After a shower, I walked into the living room. Pepper and Percy were setting up Monopoly before the food arrived. I rubbed my hands together in glee.

"I call the Iron!" I said, and Pepper placed my limited edition (only one in the world) mini Iron Man suit next to the ship, and a diamond. Can you guess who is what?

Flicking the "on" switch, the whole board lit up, and the screen in the middle turned on. I made it, because regular Monopoly got boring. I filled the credit cards, and we began playing. Let me explain something to you, Iron Man's limited edition Monopoly board is like no other. You can buy and trade stocks, buy health insurance, and even push a player off a cliff. Just kidding, but you CAN shoot them with a laser beam. Wink.

"So, Percy. Tell me, what is the extent of your powers?" I asked him, and he looked thoughtful,

"I don't know. The most I've gotten in destroying Rome and Greece in a hurricane, and blowing up Mount Saint Helens." he said. Wait what?