Cheerleaders, Jocks, and Lunatics. Oh My!

Kory Willis

Michelle and I were tanning and the boys were surfing when our trip took a left turn. I didn't really know who they were at first, but they were down right crazy.

A white truck pulled onto the sand, and about four girls hopped out. Let me tell you, ew. The leader had enough makeup to cover the sun.

"Hi! We were wondering if you guys wanted to hang out!" The blonde said, and I shook my head,

"Private beach, leave." I said, and she snorted.

"Well, our friends are here, so why can't we?" she asked, waving at the ocean. I looked over, Percy, Kellam, Adam, and Thompson were surfing. Michelle took one look at the girl and laughed,

"What friends? As far as I'm concerned, we don't know you." She said, and put on her cover up.

"I met Jackson a few hours ago, and thought we could hang out." She said, as her little friends walked around, trying to act cool. I shook my head,

"Yeah, no. We're here on vacation, and it's just us. You should take your group of... plastics and get out." I said, just as the guys walked to shore.

"Hey! What do we have here?" He asked, leaning his board against the SUV,

"Hi, I'm Angela. I'm Jackson's friend." She said, and Adam looked at her weirdly.

"Who's Jackson?" He asked, she looked slightly shaken,

"Wait, so his name isn't Jackson? That ass!" she said, and went over to Percy. He was looking in the Hummer for more food. He completely ignored her when she stalked over.

Kellam and Thompson were laughing, and Adam was trying to hold his smile back. Then I saw something. I already knew about his tattoo, but on his back, there were faint white lines. Were his parents abusive?

I shook my head, clearing away all weird thoughts. That was his business, and I had no reason to meddle. The plastic followers of Angela started flirting with Kellam and Thompson. I had to try not to gag.

Suddenly, Michelle appeared beside me.

"We should pack everything and go to the mall." She said, and I nodded. It would help us get away from these stalkers. I nodded, and Adam gave her the 'you're crazy' look.

Percy continued to ignore Angela until he said,

"Oh my gods. Why do I care?" she grinned,

"We should totally hang out." He shook his head.

"Ha. No, Michelle has plans for us. Right?" He said, raising an eyebrow. She nodded,

"We're packing and going somewhere else." Michelle said, and nudged Adam. He raised an eyebrow,

"Wha-Oh!" He said, and started dismantling our (now empty) tent. The plastic girls whispered to each other, and made a game plan. They quickly left, and the beach was silent once again.

"Well! Let's pack!" Michelle yelled as she shook our towels out. The guys all protested, of course they would. Michelle glared, and sent them scurrying like mice.

In an hour, everything was done. We packed everything, and boarded the cars. This time, it was Michelle driving the Hummer with Adam and Kellam hostage, and I was driving the SUV with Percy and Thompson hostage.

It was crucial to keep in contact with each other because judging by the destination, there was a high chance of mutiny.

Michelle Byron