Found but Lost Again

So... I don't do author's notes, but Happy One Thousand! This update is dedicated to all readers!

~'~'~'~

Natasha Romanof

I sat quietly as Stark ranted about him moving back to the Stark building, nobody seemed to care.

"... and I recently adopted a teenager." He said,

"WHAT?!" we shouted, Tony Stark?! Adopt a KID?! WHAT?!

"Yeah, I adopted Percy." We all sat still, in complete silence. "Woah, I thought you guys were going to at least try to kill me." That's when the yelling began.

He raised a hand, and we somehow stopped.

"I don't care what you have to say, I did what I wanted to do, and you have no say in that. So ha." he said, and Fury laced his fingers together,

"Mr. Stark, I believe that this is the first time in your life you've thought of somebody else's well being over yours. Congratulations on your family." He said, and left the room.

"See? Even Fury thinks I'd make an awesome dad!" Stark said, as we shuffled out of the room. I was stunned at the fact that Stark had actually adopted Percy. I didn't think he was capable of caring for a goldfish, let alone a teen.

"He's going to end up killing something." I said to Steve and Thor. They both agreed, Thor still silently fuming about the whole Jackson v. Selvig case.

Percy Jackson

On the morning of the convention, Pepper had laid out the navy blue suit and vest out for me. There was also a white shirt, and dark red tie. After a shower, I dressed myself, and met up with my mom in the small kitchen.

I felt awkward. Was is weird that I had just moved on? I felt like it was, heck, I didn't know what I felt. Everything felt like a jumble of nerves. There were a couple nice things, but blow after blow of horrific finality came crashing down.

"Percy, a lot of my co-workers and business partners will be there, and now, after three years of wandering alone, I have a son!" She exclaimed, and I grinned at her. She was in a short sleeved grey dress. Was this thing formal? "Are you sure you can do this? I mean, if you want to stay it's fine with me."

"I'm fine. Completely fine." And completely lying.

We rode the elevator down to the conference floor, and stepped out. I gasped, it was really not what I expected. There were men and women in suits or dresses, and with them, they had kids from infants to kids my age. All in formal wear.

"Ms. Potts so good to see you!" A man with dark skin and graying hair said, and hugged my mom. She hugged back, and looked at the little girl following him.

"Hello Damien. And who is this?"

"This is my daughter Nora. I see you have a handsome young man now! What is your name son?" I shook his hand,

"Perseus Jackson, sir." he smiled,

"Pleasure to meet you. Ms. Potts finally has one she can call her own. Well, good day!" he said, and walked off.

Before we had walked twenty steps, another man greeted us.

"Virginia Potts! I remember when you were just a fledgling, making your way through Wall Street." A man with fiery red hair said,

"Mr. Dare, I didn't know you were coming this year!" My mom said, and I looked at Mr. Dare's daughter. My eyes widened, and she stepped forward, and slapped me.