Chapter 4

'someone wants to see me?'

That statement bewildered me.

"M-Me?" I managed to question.

"Yes. A man by the name Gajeel Redfox." The nurse stated.

'gajeel....'

I had never heard that name before. I didn't remember anyone so it shouldn't have been a surprise that I didn't know whoever this man was. But for some reason his name was replayed over and over again in my mind.

"Ok then..... I g-guess." I finally spoke.

The nurse flashed a smile at me then walked out of the room. I had never noticed that on my left hand, around my wrist was a paper band with the word: "Severe" printed on it. I was confused as to why that was printed on the band.

'what did it mean?'

My mind was spinning. Before I could try to comprehend the word some one came through the wooden door.

It was a man. He had spiky hair as black as midnight that ended at his waist. He has piercings all over his forearm and some on his face that replaced his eyebrows. He wore black boots with a sliver line at the bottom, white pants, and a black shirt. He was also very tall and muscular. He just stood there with a scowl staring at me. It kind of made me a bit... no very uncomfortable.

"H-Hello." I barely even whispered.

He just growled in response.

He started to walk towards one of the chairs near my bed. He picked one up and moved it so it was right beside me. Once he sat he started to stare at me again. But this time with curiosity in his eyes.

"W-Who are y-you?" I mumbled.

'i'm surprised he heard me'

"I'm the one who saved ya." He said in a raspy voice.

This was the person who saved me. My question was finally answered.

"Oi shrimp I'm talkin' to ya!" He growled while waving his hand in my face.

'i guess i got lost in thought.....wait. shrimp?'

"Sorry! I-I just....just......never mind. Thank you so m-much for saving m-me!" I thanked.

He smirked just the tiniest bit then went back to his scowl.

"How did you f-find me?" I spoke after some silence.

"Well I was out in the woods huntin' then I saw ya laying on the floor and saw that ya were hurt so I took you here." He explained without taking his eyes of me.

I hadn't noticed before that his eyes were a beautiful crimson color.

"Thank you a-again I don't know w-what I would have d-done if you hadn't saved m-me." I stammered.

"It was nothin'." He replied shrugging his shoulders.

We stared at each other some more and I got lost in his eyes. They say the eyes are the window to the soul. His eyes were more like vaults that I just needed the combination for.

After some time the nurse back and said that I needed to take some medication that would make me go to sleep. So Gajeel left and the nurse gave me a phil.

I barely even noticed that I was getting sleepy. All I could think of was him.

'gajeel....'

Was the last thing I remembered before darkness overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~