4| The sealing of the deal

I would not wish any companion in the world but you
- William Shakespeare

- CHAPTER 4 -

Rosalina was furious, all she could think about was the mayhem that was caused just 2 days ago.

It hadn't even been a week, in fact not even a full day, in which news of Rosalina and Mateo's rendezvous had escaped to the public eye.

She was truly ashamed to be seen out with a man as arrogant and selfish as Mateo.

But when her mother and father had heard of the news, they couldn't quite keep in their happiness.

All her mother had been doing since she had found out was bombard Rosalina on when she could formally meet Mateo, who she'd believed was in some sort of relationship with her daughter.

Her father was a different story though, if anything he was beyond ecstatic, if Gregorio did have to choose and eligible bachelor for his dearest daughter, Mateo Gerardo would have been his first choice.

Gregorio rather admired Mateo's way of work and life, he believed that Mateo was a perfect match for his daughter, as they were both young, good looking adults who took pride in their work, being sure to succeed in almost anything they set their minds to.

On the other hand, Mateo was rather pleased with the buzzing news.

A smirk appeared onto his lips as he read the front page of the newspaper.

The handsome and extremely good looking bachelor, Mateo Gerardo was just recently spotted with the gorgeous, gem, Rosalina de la vega, sources tell us that they were meeting for a date prior to their first meeting that took place at the annual charity ball.

Could this be it, could our very own scandalous billionaire finally be making his mind up and settling down with the one of a kind,elegant, heiress.

Mateo threw the paper onto the table, standing up and fixing his tie.

"Oh you've got that right," Mateo smirked, making his way to the awaiting car.

"Driver, to the De La Vega mansion," he ordered and they were off.

Rosalina paced around the room, frustration clear in her features.

What was she to do, how was she supposed to explain this to her excited parents and the rest of her family that have waited for this news for so long she thought, her hands placed on her hips as she walked around her bedroom, trying to figure out a solution but nothing came to mind.

"I have to go and meet with the astuto bastardo." She mumbled, grabbing her hand bag and making her way downstairs.

As she was about to open the door, a rather unpleasant surprise awaited on the other side.

The bell rung causing Rosalina to become confused.

The maid rushed to the hall but stood in shock when she saw Rosalina already there.

"O-oh I-I'm sorry, I was just going, I-I didn't mean to be late," she stuttered.

"No worries at all, I'll handle it," Rosalina flashed the maid a smile, causing her to turn around and rush back to work.

Rosalina turned to the door and opened it up, her eyes widening as Mateo stood before her.

"You," she growled, her voice filled with anger.

"Me," Mateo smirked, pushing past her and entering the house, his smirk not even bothering to vanish.

"I need to speak with you, come with me, now," Rosalina said, her voice at a daringly low tone.