5| Relations

You can't find love for love shall find you
- Unknown

- CHAPTER 5 -

The news of the brand new couple spread fast.

It surprised even Rosalina, when she stepped out of the office building and became overpowered with the paparazzi, as they hounded her for the details of her newfound relationship.

Lucky for her, her 'love', Mateo came to the rescue.

He battled off the swarming flies as they buzzed in her ear, trying to suck out the juicy pieces of information.

Out of everyone, Rosalina's mother was the most happiest, she practically jumped with joy as soon as she heard of the conformation of her daughters new boyfriend.

She insisted on having them both over to celebrate their new journey into the world of love, which was how Maria, Rosalina's mother, liked to put it.

Currently, Rosalina made it back to her apartment, where she had lived for more than 2 years now.

Since she wanted to become independent, choosing not to rely on her fathers business or money and moving out at the age of 20, was the best direction to move forward in.

The ringing of her phone pulled her from her pool of thoughts, alerting her almost instantly.

She paced over to the marble counter, accepting the call, holding the phone to her ear.

"Good morning," Mateo's silky voice spoke up, entering Rosalina's ears like a pleasant tune.

"Buenos Dias," she replied, confused as to why he had called her.

"I have a business party coming up, as my 'girlfriend' I'll need you to come with me, although I'm sure you would have already been going since it is an important event," he stated.

Up till date, Mateo hadn't bothered asking Rosalina about anything, simply stating or telling her what she had to or was to do.

"Okay, what time will you pick me up for," she asked, not bothering to argue with the ignorant man.

"8:30, the ball starts at 8 but I'd like to make a grand entrance tonight," he said causing her to roll her eyes.

"Sure, now if you'll excuse me, I'm cooking right now, so I'll see you later," she told him, hanging up the phone instantly.

Mateo lifted the phone away from his ear as the call was now disconnected.

He clicked the red button, stopping the constant beeping once and for all.

He rose from his leather chair, one hand in his pocket, the other still holding onto his phone.

Mateo stopped in front of the glass window that overlooked the whole city, he watched as the cars zoomed by from below and the miniature people walk around the busy city.

Mateo turned on his heel, his back resting again the see through glass, his eyes trained on his phone.

He slid his finger across the screen, the ringing of his phone catching his attention, causing him to accept the awaiting call.

"Hola mama," he answered swiftly, waiting for the massive outburst that was only a second away.

"MATEO PABLO GERARDO, HOW HAVE I ONLY HEARD NOW, THAT YOU ARE DATING SOMEONE, AND A VERY BEAUTEOUS GIRL AT THAT," Lucille scolded her son through the call.

Mateo chuckled lightly, as he let his mother finish.

"Mama, I shall only admit this to you since you care most about my wellbeing." He started.

"I'm serious about this relationship, for real this time, I do not want to mess it up, this girl is different and I want to make this work," he smiled thinking of the elegant Angel that had lured him in cluelessly and had yet to realise that she had done it.

"Mi hijo, I've been waiting for this day for so long and it's finally come, I will leave you to do what you think is best but I want to meet her soon," Lucille shed a tear as she congratulated her son.

After years of sleeping around and tarnishing his families name piece by piece, her son had finally decided to choose and now he has chosen.

Lucille couldn't be more proud.

"I'll speak to you later Mama, I have work to get on with," he smiled and said his goodbyes, hanging up shortly after.

But what he told his mother was certainly true, he was very serious about this relationship, even if it was starting off as a fake correlation.

But deep down, he knew it would end up as something so real it would feel too unreal and he would get Rosalina to love him unconditionally like he wanted to do to her.

Rosalina stirred the noddles, adding in the sauces and extra ingredients for flavour.

She loved to cook, it was something she also took great pride in.

She turned the heat down, allowing the contents to cook and the mixed smells to waft around, dancing into Rosalina's nose as she took into account the sensational scents.

She took a seat at the dining table, her mind wandering back to what had happened just 3 days ago.

Friday, June 24th, 2016.

The sealing of the deal.

She wasn't thinking when she placed the deal on the table but she was helpless, she wanted so much more in life, she wanted to take in the many wonders of the world, travel, go to foreign countries and help people till her heart felt content, there was so much for this world to offer but she couldn't find it in her to deny her mother of the buzzing rumours, she couldn't bring herself to tell her.

Just the mere look on her mothers face brought joy and happiness to Rosalina.

Who was she to take all the joy that her mother radiated, on finding out that her daughter had found someone.

Maria wanted this so badly, she wanted love for her daughter, from someone that Rosalina could spend the rest of her life with, the kind of love that Maria had with her husband.

Therefore, Rosalina was stuck at a dead end, the only way out was by climbing the ladder which Mateo had provided for her.

How hard could it be though, all she had to do was publicly act love sick and smitten, surely she could keep her walls up in private.

But nonetheless, she made a promise to herself, swearing to herself that she should never under no circumstance, fall in love with Mateo Gerardo.

But what she didn't know was that promises were made to be broken.

Like 💘
Comment 🔤
Add to your reading list