17| Love Again

You know you are in love when the two of you can go grocery shopping together
- Woody Harrelson

- CHAPTER 17 -

Mateo was speechless, he was unable to talk as he stood by the door watching Giovanni hug and shower his girlfriend with love and affection.

Mateo burned holes into Giovanni's back as he stood, with his fists clenched tightly.

He bit his tongue for Rosalina's sake, she didn't deserve to witness the beating that Gio was surely going to receive.

"Rosalina I -," Mateo began.

"Mr Gerardo, may I please have a word," Mateo turned around and looked to see the doctor, Mateo nodded and waited for him to lead the way.

"Mr Gerardo, as you may have already guessed, Rosalina has been diagnosed with memory loss, it's unknown for when she will receive her memories back. I also must warn you that you cannot tell her the truth, it will put too much pressure on her brain and she could potentially slip back into a comma,"

"What," Mateo asked.

Was it possible for his heart to break more, because it surely broke more and more with each passing second.

"How will she remember me, what do I do ?" Mateo had asked desperately.

"You'll have to wait or do things for her or with her by going to places you've already been to, try to jog her memory, but whatever you do, you can't pressure her into it," The doctor told him, being sure to emphasise on 'you can't pressure her into it'.

Mateo nodded understandably.

"All right, you can go and see her again, maybe for now introduce yourself as someone new,"

"Ok, sure, thank you doctor," and with Mateo left.

Rosalina smiled brightly as she hugged her boyfriend, Giovanni.

"I'm so glad that you're okay mi amor, I don't know what I'd do without you," Giovanni said as he brushed Rosalina's hair to the side, his eyes scanning over her face as he smiled.

"I don't know what I'd do without you either," Rosalina admitted as her smile faltered.

"Giovanni, Mama is calling on you," Mateo's voice called out.

Rosalina averted her gaze to the man standing at the door.

He was handsome indeed, with his short, slick black hair, tall frame, defined jaw line and those piercing grey eyes.

Dare she say it, but this man was even more handsome than her Gio.

"I'm sorry, but who are you," Rosalina had asked him, waiting desperately for the answer.

"My name is Mateo Gerardo, I'm Giovanni's younger brother, when he had told me of the news which led to you being where you currently reside, I came to see if you were all right," Mateo explained, as he lied through his teeth.

It was a good lie for Rosalina certainty believed.

Well a part of her did, the other part of her had screamed at her, repeatedly.