Prologue Vote

For a story I'm going to write, I couldn't decide how I'd like the prologue to go. I won't be telling you anything else about the story, but I wanted to leave this up to you. I think it's obvious which one is better, but I thought you guys might like to read them both anyway. Please leave any and all advice or comments on this prologue. I want any input you can give. Don't hesitate to tear me down or build me up. Tell me what I can do better.

Prologue 1:

The Frankville Gazette
Woman found crushed in her home; no evidence
February 17th, 1993

Yesterday on Tuesday, police officers busted down the door of a home, after reports that the residents had not been seen for days. Co-workers of Anneline and Sebastian Kaiser said that they hadn't been showing up to work, so police decided to investigate. When they entered the home, they found Anneline crushed and disfigured. The strange thing is, there was no sign of what could have possibly crushed her. There was nothing on top of her and autopsies report no evidence on her of what could have done this. Her husband is missing, and is the prime suspect in her murder.

Prologue 2:

"Sam! Get yourself ready to go! We don't got much time to prepare to raid that house! We can't waste even a second!" the chief boomed at my sleeping body. I tiredly got up and pulled on my uniform lethargically. This was not nearly fast enough for Police Chief Tyler Johnson.
"Samuel White! I told you we don't got much time! Did I ask you to take your time? No! I commanded you to be ready fast. Pull something like this again, and I'll fire you!" This was the ninth time this week he had said something like that. I knew the threats were empty. The Frankville Police Department lacked a sufficient officer count as it was. He had to keep me. For now at least. I didn't dare talk back to him though. That would be the end of me. All of us officers piled into our cruisers and drove to the house we were to break into. 2953 Copter Drive. I hoped we wouldn't we find anything dangerous or alarming. I always hoped that. We were never that lucky though, or more correctly, those victims never were.
When we arrived, I asked the deputy that was heading this raid, Jeremy Purnell, "What are the missing persons' names, sir?"
"Sebastian and Anneline Kaiser. We only have info on Sebastian and Anneline because of driving tickets. They're good citizens. Good people from what their coworkers say."
"Alright. Thank you, sir."
We all pulled out our guns and got into formation. There were four of us in all. Jeremy, me, a brand new recruit, and a man named Harold who hadn't been an officer much longer than me (I had been an officer for two years). Jeremy headed up our group, followed by the recruit, then me, and finally ending with Harold. Jeremy started by knocking on the door, as per procedure, but we all knew there wasn't likely to be an answer. There wasn't. At that point, all but Harold stepped back. He was our demolition expert of sorts. He returned to his cruiser, and came back with a sledgehammer. He slammed it into the door five times before the door burst open. We rushed in and were astonished and sickened by the scene that lay before us.
There was a woman laying on a blood-stained carpet. She was a grotesque sight. Her limbs were bent in unnatural ways. There was an anguished look on her face. You could see the immense pain in her cold, dead eyes. Our autopsies of her would discover that almost every bone in her body had been broken, some even completely crushed. Her teeth were broken and chipped. There was evidence of a heart attack, which was suspected to have caused her to fall into that position. There was, however, no explanation for what had come to pass that would disfigure her so. What had happened here? What could have possibly happened?
Deputy Purnell collapsed in shock. One of the recruits ran out of the house and vomited. Harold pissed his pants. I alone stood still, staring at the body, quivering in fear and trying not to faint. Her husband was not found in the house. It was suspected that he had something to do with the mutilation of Anneline Kaiser. He would never be found.

Like I said, I think it's obvious which one is better, but I'd like your input. Tell me if you think a certain word would work better than one I put, what I could do to convey the image better, the whole nine yards. Thank you in advance. I appreciate you guys a lot!