Chapter 7

Alya sat on Malik's couch combing through Hayden's hair as Hayden snooped through her phone and Gram went to get mail. Neither had noticed their audience as Malik stood watching them interact.

"Alya," Hayden called as she scrolled through the pictures in the phone. "If you like my daddy and he like you then would y'all ever get married?"

Alya stopped combing a moment as she thought, then continued as she said, "Hay-Day, its more to marriage than liking someone. Now would I hope for marriage one day? Of course. But we have some building to do before we can get to that level. Why did you ask that though?"

Hayden looked at the TV blankly as she replied, "Because I don't have a mommy. I mean daddy says she's out there somewhere. But she must not want me because she's not here. But you are. You tell me bedtime stories and cook for me. You let me play with your hair and you doing my hair. You talk to me and give me hugs. I know you make my daddy happy and I don't want all that to stop. I hope you and Daddy get married. I want a mommy again and I want you to be my new mommy."

Alya had a smile on her face but a tear traced her cheek as she said, "You are an incredible little girl, Hayden. But-"

She stopped short and pulled Hayden against her. She scrolled through the pictures on her phone as Hayden held it. She stopped on a picture and clicked it. She held Hayden against her as the little girl asked who was the little boy.

Alya bowed her head as she said, "His name was Honor. But he died."

"How did he die," Hayden asked softly.

Alya swallowed a sob before answering, "Someone who didn't like me wanted to hurt me really bad. Back then all I had was Honor. So they took him from me. I couldn't protect him the way a mommy is supposed to."

Hayden turned and wrapped her arms around Alya's neck as she said, "That's okay Alya. He's in heaven now. I fell off my bike before and Daddy couldn't catch me. But he's still a good daddy. And I know you a good mommy. I hope you wanna be my mommy... One day."

Alya held her and Malik stepped down into the room gaining her attention. He smiled sympathetically to her and Hayden released her slowly. She smiled as Hayden turned to see Malik and ran to him.

"Daddy," she shouted as she jumped into his arms. "Where were you this morning?!"

He smiled as he said, "Handling some important business. What y'all been doing?"

Hayden grinned as she said, "Nothing. Just having fun and stuff! Daddy look!"

She showed him the picture of Honor and it was the same little boy from the picture in her bedroom.

He looked to Alya as Hayden said, "That's Alya baby. He's in heaven now. But Alya still love him and I want her to love me too. And maybe if y'all get married y'all can make a new baby together and Alya can have me and another little boy too!"

Malik sat her down as he took the phone and said, "I'm going to talk to Alya. I need you to go take Ruckus to use the bathroom."

She nodded and grabbed Ruckus by his collar, leading him to the door. He followed willingly after taking a quick glance at Alya to ensure she was safe.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Honor," she said quickly before walking upstairs. He followed and stepped into her room after her.

He closed the door as he said, "Well now I understand why you left Jersey."

She looked up to him and fear slowly crept into her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she tried to lie not even realizing her accent was playing on her tongue.

He nodded and stepped closer to her. He pulled her against him and released her, allowing her freedom to take a small step back but remain close enough to feel his breath flow through her hair.

"Alya I know what you're hiding," Malik whispered against her ear.

Her eyes shot up to meet his as he ran his hand down her arm slowly. She stepped away from him and he pulled her back. Dipping his head he kissed her lips tenderly, even as his hands gripped her arms firmly. She didn't fight against him. Instead she licked her tongue out, just grazing his bottom lip. He then crashed their bodies together and gripped her ass in his hands lifting her from her feet slightly. He had to make her understand that nothing mattered to him now, except her being his.

His daughter adored her. His Gram approved and wanted her to stick around. He was sure he was falling in love with her and would do anything to keep her in his life till death due them part. He just needed her to realize that her past didn't make or break their life together.

He pulled away and looked into her eyes as he said, "I don't care that you were once a stripper."

A strange look flashed across her face before she pulled him back down to her lips and secured her arms around his neck. He picked her up and carried her to the bed as he kissed down her neck and began to suck on the area where her neck met her shoulder and she moaned softly.

"Don't worry," he whispered as he slid her maxi dress down from her breasts. "Your past is the past. I'm falling for the woman you are now."

All Alya could do was lay there as he kissed and undressed her body. Before she knew it they were both fully nude and his fingers were stroking the already soaked area between her thighs.

He removed them and positioned himself at her entrance as he whispered, "I want to love you."

He pushed into her causing her to gasp and arch her back. He stroked her slowly as her legs eased up and spread wider, allowing him deeper penetration.

"Let me love you, Baby," he whispered before crashing his lips onto hers and plunging himself into her fully.

Alya's tears flowed freely as she listened to Malik's desperation to be hers and his confessions of his love. If truth be told she loved him as well. But as much as he thought he knew it was barely the beginning. He knew she was a stripper and she was glad that's all he knew. But could she carry on a life with him when her demons could spill forth when whoever was attacking her decided to blow her life apart? She had to find out who it was and end the threat to her life. But right now all she wanted to do was be in this moment with this amazing man.

"Love me Baby," she breathed as she dug her nails into his back, encouraging him to push her further into ecstasy.

"Fuck," he blurted as her tight, wet walls tightened around him even more. "Baby, I love you. Fuck! I feel you coming."

She cried out as her climax spiraled and he followed close behind.

He eased out of her and lay next to her. She turned her back to him, allowing him to hold her against his chest. He covered them with her blanket as he kissed her shoulder.

"I love you, Malik," she whispered.

He ran his hand around to her belly as he said, "I love you too, Alya. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

She let a final tear slip from her eye before dosing off with the thought that if anymore threats came from her attacker she was making a trip to Jersey herself. She would not let Malik find the bigger demons in her past. She couldn't. Not if she wanted a family and future with him. He'd never see her the same.