Chapter 16

Malik was released from the hospital a week later. Due to complications he was held awhile. He'd already heard Janice didn't make it. The bullet hit her collar bone and ricocheted into her lung. She suffocated before the ambulance arrived. But he honestly didn't care.

The cops asked who did this and he swore he didn't know. But he just wasn't trying to have Alya in prison for something that was all his fault. He walked into his home to see Hayden and his grandmother at the kitchen table with MJ. He smiled, thinking Alya was back home.

"Don't be smiling," his grandma snapped.

"Where's Alya," he asked.

"She packed up her stuff," his grandma answered. "She brings MJ by every other day and takes Hayden with her on days she has him."

Malik shook his head.

"Back up," he said in shock. "Packed up?"

He rushed upstairs, to his room and into his closet. Literally every stitch of Alya's clothing was gone. He walked over to her jewelry shelf and picked up a note addressed to him. He walked out to his bed and sat down as he opened the letter.

Malik,

I heard you survived. Well I guess that's good. Wouldn't want Hayden and MJ to be fatherless. As you can see I moved out of the house. Honestly, I couldn't stay there anymore if I wanted to. God only knows how many times you and that bitch fucked in the bed where I lay my head. To think I was the one that invited her into our home. That's what I get for trying to be civil about the situation. Give a nigga an inch and he gone take a mile. I really wish I never got pregnant by you. Leaving would be so much easier. But regardless I love my son and I guess I thank you for that blessing. But you and Janice can rot in hell. You broke my heart but I still wish you well. I have it worked out with your grandma that we shift days with MJ for now. When he's older maybe you get a couple weeks or month and we switch off like that. We'll figure it out. Take care Malik. Or should I say Dom? Since you can't get enough of the bitches that call you that.

He stared at the note for a long while before standing and smashing his fist into the closet door, punching through it. Seconds later his bedroom door flew open and his grandma rushed in. She walked over to him as tears filed down his face.

"I can't believe she actually left," he cried as he crashed to his knees with his head in his hands.

Meanwhile, Alya smiled as Ransom kissed up her leg. He kissed her hip and came up to face her. She smiled as she looked into his eyes.

"You driving me crazy," he whispered before pressing his lips to hers.

He pulled away and she bit her lip nervously before bringing herself to straddle his lap. He held her hips as she pressed her lips to his and a gentle fleeting kiss became something aggressive and hungry.

He kissed down her neck as he unbuttoned his jeans and slid them down slightly. She moaned as his erection pressed against her center.

Knock knock knock

She groaned as she rose off of him and he fixed himself before heading out of the room. She followed. He opened the door and there stood Malik.

"I need to talk to my wife," he said with aggression in his tone.

Ransom stepped to the side and Alya rolled her eyes before walking back down the hall and out the backdoor into the yard. Malik followed as Ransom shut the front door.

"What Dom," Alya snapped as he shut the backdoor.

He walked over to a table and looked at her as he sat in a chair. She sucked her teeth and sat down as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm so sorry," he said as he stared across the table at her.

She mugged him and shrugged as if to say 'That's it?'. He clasped his hands together and bowed his head.

"It only happened that once I swear," he continued. "I didn't intend for it to. I honestly don't know how we got to that point. But I would never want to hurt you, Alya. I wouldn't have married you if I didn't think I was ready to be with only you."

Alya scoffed as she said, "Well you obviously thought wrong. And all the damn beds in that house you chose to fuck that bitch in mine why?!"

He looked at her and shrugged as he said, "I honestly couldn't answer that. I don't know how we got there to begin with. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get you back Alya. We can torch the house and start all over if that's what you want. I want you home. I need you, Alya. I want my family whole."

Alya rolled her eyes and glared at him for a long moment before she gritted, "Its your fault. I want a divorce."

She stood from the table and headed into the house. Ransom watched from his patio door. He stepped out and walked over to Malik who sat with a tear tracing down his face. He wiped it away and stood to face Ransom.

"You fucking a married woman," he said with hatred in every syllable.

Ransom shook his head as he said, "We ain't fucked. But just to be clear if she ever asks for it I'll oblige. Marriage didn't stop you. Now did it?"

Malik mugged him before walking out through the side fence exit. Ransom walked back into the house to see Alya laying in bed. Tears streamed down her face and he climbed in bed to hold her. As his hand graced her skin she pulled him to her.

"Make love to me," she whispered through tears.

He knew it was against his better judgement to give in to the pleas of an emotional woman. But he couldn't deny Alya. She was his every fantasy. And like he told Malik if she asked, he would oblige. And that's exactly what he did.... Repeatedly & long into the night.