(14) Please?

Draco groaned as he got out of bed after another sleepless night. Well, he had tried to sleep, but it was hard. Harry hadn't talked to him since Granger dragged him to class. That was a week ago. Draco has gotten only gotten small amounts of sleep since then because every time he closes his eyes all he can think about is Harry. What if Harry were there? What if he could cuddle and hug him the whole night?

Draco sighed. There was no way Harry would want to be with him. He had frozen when their arms touched, but so did Draco. 'It was just the mate thing trying to pull us together.' Draco thought, 'He probably doesn't actually like me. I can't believe that after the train incident I actually thought Harry would want to get with me. I'm so stupid. He's Harry Potter! There is no way he would, could, ever like me! But I want him.'

The realization hit Draco hard and he flopped back onto his bed. He already knew he was going to try and get with Harry, but realizing that he wants Harry Potter? That's next level.

Draco yawned and rubbed his eyes gently before smoothing his cat ears tiredly. He was really glad he got a room to himself. No one needed to see him tossing and turning all night. Plus, like this he could let his mask down and have his ears and tail be visible. Of course, if someone tried to enter the room he would have to react really, really fast in order to hide them again before anyone saw. It was tiring to keep this huge secret from anyone, especially Harry. Draco desperately wanted to tell Harry but he was scared that Harry would never, ever like him if he knew.

Maybe Pansy already knows? She always seems to know everything about Draco. He still hadn't figured out what he had said aloud that first night during dinner. It was really pestering him and Pansy still wouldn't tell! 'Maybe I should just follow her around all day and continuously ask what it was?!'

Feeling determined, Draco got ready quickly and made sure to avoid Harry while going to the restroom and passing through the common room. Okay, so maybe part of the reason Harry hasn't talked to Draco all week is because he turned and ran whenever he saw him. What? Harry had tried to get away after their synchronized freezing in that doorway so Draco was afraid that he would try to get away again. He couldn't let that happen. He couldn't bear to see his mate run from him again.

Today was Saturday so Draco didn't have to worry about not being able to annoy Pansy due to classes. He could follow her around all day. Well, maybe not when she goes to use the restroom, especially if its Moaning Myrtle's restroom.

Draco went to the Great Hall and to his luck; Pansy hadn't started eating yet which meant that he would have time to eat his breakfast. Pansy didn't look up as Draco plopped down next to her, but made an angry growling noise when he took the bowl she was about to serve herself from.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Why do you think anything's the matter?" Pansy snapped without looking at him.

"Because you were ignoring me and now you're snapping at me." Draco said slowly and cautiously.

"Ugh!" Pansy took Draco's plate from him once he was finished serving himself, "As if you don't know why I'm upset!"

Draco scoffed and leaned back, looking at Pansy in offence with his hand over his heart. "Actually, I don't!"

"As if."

"You took my food!"

"Trying to change the subject are you?" Pansy asked right before stuffing another spoonful of Draco's food into her mouth.

"Whatever. When are you going to tell me what I said aloud at the welcoming feast last week?" Draco got another plate and started eating too.

"You still haven't figured it out?" Pansy giggled.

"No!" Draco raised his voice in frustration, "How am I supposed to figure it out?!"

"It's very obvious, actually."

"Can't you just tell me?" Draco made his cute begging face, "Please?"

Pansy's eyes widened, "You look like a kitty cat! Draco, you're so cute!"

Draco started smirking slightly, but stopped and abruptly turned back to his food when Pansy added, "But I'm still not telling."

Draco continued eating and thought about how Pansy probably didn't know about him being part cat because she said that he looks like a cat, not that he really is like a cat.

"What're you doing today?" Pansy asked suddenly.

Draco pretended to think about his answer, but it wasn't actually a lie, "Whatever you're doing."

"I'm meeting Hermione in the library to talk about how to get you and Harry together." Pansy informed him seriously.