Phoebe

"WHAT!" I screamed, pacing back and forth in the living room.

    "Phoebe, listen to me, I love this woman and I want to make her my wife".

    "Dad! I get that and im happy for you and shit, but why do we have to move to New Orleans!?"

    "DO NOT USE THAT LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY! FOR THE LAST TIME, WE ARE MOVING BECAUSE THE CHANGE WOULD BE GOOD FOR US!" Dad bellowed out. Dad hates it when I curse. I try to not let my sailor mouth get the best of me when I'm around him but sometimes, it wins.

    "Phoebe, honey, you aren't doing good in school, I know you hate it there. Besides, Jocelyn lives in a mansion right near the forest. I know you love the woods. I want you to be happy. I want us to be happy. You would really love it there, just please give it a chance". He soothed

    I want to say no. I really do. I dont want to leave my best friend. Lydia has been my best friend for two years, since sophomore year. She's the only one I talk to. She gets me. I hate all those other dumb bimbos in my school. Its all "Ew did you see what she was wearing. Omg no way. She's dating who?! Ugh, that girl is such a bitch. OMG guess whose pregnant! OMG..." Yeah. No thank you. Im not about that life.

The thing is though, I know this woman makes my Dad happy. I like her and all but I don't consider her a mom. No one can replace mine. If it's for my Dads happiness though, I will move. He deserves this after everything that happened.

    "Fine dad". I grumble out. "But only if Lydia can come to visit. I'm going to miss her dearly Dad, she's my best friend".

    "Thank you so much for understanding Phoebe. I love you so much". He came over and gave me a bone crushing hug. After a few seconds of that, I let go and started to climb the stairs, but before I could reach the fourth step, Dad called my name.

    "Yeah Dad?"

    "I just wanted to give you a heads up. Your gonna have a stepbrother. Anyways start packing, were leaving in 5 hours!"

    He tells me this NOW! Ugh, my brain can barely process that im gonna have a stepmother and now theres a stepbrother in the mix. UGH. He better not be some creep.

    I start up the stairs again, my pace a little faster, eager to get to my phone so I can vent to Lydia.

     Oh no. She's gonna be really upset. I can hear her now... "NO YOU CANT GO! YOU'RE GONNA LEAVE ME HERE ALL BY MYSELF!" I can already feel a migraine coming as I reach the top the steps.

  I travel down the corridor to the second door on the right.  My bedroom. In there, on the bed, I spot my cell phone waiting to be used by my hands.

    Well, here goes nothing. I dial Lydia's number and she picks up on the third ring.

    "PHOEBE" She screams happily into the phone.

    "Um, heyy Lyd" I answer despondantly.

    "What's wrong? Is it Corey? Is that fucker stalking you again? Or is it Dakota? Did one of them do something to you, I swear if they did something, im gonna make the-"

    "Lyd-"

    "m wish that they were never born, I will shove their nuts-"

    "LYDIA STOP TALKING AND LET ME EXPLAIN".

    "Jeez, there's no need to yell!" Ughh, this girl, sometimes I wonder why haven't punched her in the face yet.

    "I wouldn't have to yell if you would've let me SPEAK in the first place. Now, getting back to what I was gonna say... Uhm... Well I guess i'll just give it to you straight... Im moving, my dad's getting remarried, and im getting a stepbrother."