Chapter 5

Kylo glared at the Wookie as it dragged him to his feet and forced him to walk off the Falcon and into... a swamp? He had to concentrate on keeping his face blank, no need to show weakness over a disgusting smell, especially when he didn't have his helmet to hide it. His presence didn't go unnoticed either as he was led off with Finn and Rey behind him taking care of Skurn, who he heard scuffling with them slightly. Kylo came to a stop as R2-D2 did a few feet in front of him, who he saw push his way to the front didn't surprise him until he realized what position his brother had taken.

"Was it a trap?" Alder's gaze bore into his own but his brother spoke to Rey.

The Jedi stepped forward with the boy sticking close to her side. "No, just a mistake in signal relay, a good thing for us though."

He could sense the tension in the boggy air, if he could only get his lightsaber back... Kylo paused in his thoughts as he sensed another powerful Force user. "You know, I'm surprised our dear uncle isn't leader. Despite his cowardice he would still make a better leader, a better challenge, than you brother."

Alder whirled around faster than Kylo expected and he barely jerked his head back as a purple beam stopped an inch away from his eye. "You aren't in any position to talk, Chewie, take him away... I'll deal with him in a moment."

He glared at the messy ball of fur that roughly pushed him forward again before glancing back at Skurn to see her calmly searching for something, or someone, in the crowd. They found that someone at the same time.

Luke stepped forward, his expression hidden by his beard and cowl. "Alder, these things are better dealt with now, the boy can be handled by Rey and the medical team."

Alder gave a sigh but dismissed Rey and giving the others still gathered around a look that told them to leave as well. He finally walked over, his lightsaber still glowing in his hand. "I know what I'm doing."

"Apparently not." Kylo sneered. "You couldn't even save your mother because of your compassion. If you had stuck with the Dark side you would have been able to-"

He was cut off as his brother lashed out and shoved him against the low hanging, tangled branches of a tree. Kylo shoved him back the best he could with his bound arms, though Alder obviously allowed him to. "To what? Kill her myself? I won't help the monster you're serving, not on my own free will."

Kylo's pride stung a bit at that comment. He wasn't some weak servant; he was being groomed to lead! Then again... Snoke had suggested he fight to the death with Skurn, allowing only one to live. Was he really that important in Snoke's plans anymore? His gaze remained just as cold, not letting his brother see this debate going through his mind.

"Alder?" Finn's voice kept Kylo from another retort as his brother's attention turned to the ex Storm Trooper. "Should I take her to the holding block?"

"No." Alder moved towards Skurn, a look in his eyes that Kylo didn't like. "She's no longer needed."

"No!" Kylo lunged at him as his furious protest rang in the air however; Chewie brought him to the ground, allowing the muck to seep into his clothing. His disgust over this planet only grew alongside his anger.

Skurn didn't move as she was kicked to the ground by his brother, was she hurt or something? Kylo couldn't tell but surely she would be fighting back. Alder was about to finish the fight when Luke pulled him back.

"Uncle?" Alder's gaze held betrayal.

Luke's gaze flickered from Kylo, to Alder, and to where Skurn was sitting up before stopping. "Not yet."