Chapter 6

It was still dawn when Alder stopped in front of the cell his brother and that bounty hunter were locked in, though they shouldn't have been in the same cell to begin with and seeing that they were sent a prick of annoyance through him. Behind him the guards glanced uneasily at each other.

"I can sense you fear." He told them. "They can too so I suggest you get rid of it."

As he spoke, Kylo's eyes opened and glared right at him, burning into his skull. He tried to push off his own hatred; he couldn't sink down to his brother's level like he had yesterday. Once he was sure he wouldn't immediately attack or kill Kylo, Alder walked into the cell with his guards flanking him.

"Get the girl out, take her to the cave." He ordered. "I can't have her around during questioning."

Alder took out his lightsaber and Kylo reluctantly moved away from Skurn's still form, his gaze filled with concern that was only partially masked by anger and indifference. He instantly realized something was wrong with the bounty hunter, especially when they got her to her feet and the only things she did was weakly shove them off. Perhaps she was sick? This climate did take a bit to get used to and after being on Hoth without the proper attire it was possible. Then again, maybe she had just given up.

"What cave?" Kylo's voice interrupted his thoughts.

Alder turned back to his brother. "Nothing special about it really, its secluded, dark, has a lot of places to hide... and it shows you what you fear most. Uncle told me about it, I've been in there too. Not a nice place but I do want to see what bounty hunters fear."

"You're worse than I am." Kylo snarled as he got to his feet.

"We could discuss that back and forth until the Resistance finished off the First Order and the Republic made a full recovery... But we won't. Now, obviously the only thing keeping her alive is you and your cooperation and the only thing keeping you alive is the information. My first question to you is; is it worth keeping it to yourself at the cost of that woman's life?" Alder didn't want to admit it, but he wanted him to lie and say no just so he could enjoy killing the last thing Kylo cared for... it wasn't fair how the Dark side could have relationships if they so desired and the Jedi couldn't. Love and passion were positive emotions for Forces sake!

"I don't know what the First Order is doing." His brother was so tense Alder was sure he could push him over with a simple tap. "The last I knew was fighting on D'Qar. In fact, they are probably in retreat at the moment without me backing them up and keeping them on schedule."

Truth rang in his words and it served to frustrate Alder, especially with a now smug look coming from his brother. "You know what orders they had though, even the First Order wouldn't stop the war just because you're missing. I was at the Knights of Ren, I know there are others who could replace you."

A shout stopped Kylo from responding and Alder whirled around to see the bounty hunter standing over his guards, who were now hopefully just unconscious, on the ground. He clenched his teeth as his annoyance rose before feeling his brother take him to the ground again, Alder fought back with rage, hating that he fell for their trick. How could he have been stupid enough to believe they were just going to sit back like good prisoners? His brother's hands were around his throat as he thrashed beneath him as the pressure worsened.

"You always were the weaker one... little brother." Kylo snarled down at him.

Alder took out his lightsaber and held it to Kylo's chest, ready to activate it. "It was by three minutes! That doesn't make you that much older! Let go of me!"