I Promised - Chapter 24

ALICE'S POV:

A couple weeks after our fight I had a miscarriage. I had expected Ross to call me a couple days after our fight, but he never did. I guess that meant we were done. I kept in touch with Rydel and Riker, I was always the closest with them and I only ever agreed to see them when I new for sure Ross wasn't going to be there. They don't know why Ross and I broke up they just know that we did. After I had the miscarriage I continued with my acting career I did a couple more cutesy roles before I realized Ross was right. America's Swwetheart couldn't be someone who got pregnant when they were 19 so I started taking more mature roles. In one of my movies I met Kai Matthews and we started dating. I broke things off when I realized I'd never love him as much as I loved Ross. Ross didn't move on, at least I didn't think so. I wonder what he thought of Me and Kai?

"And that brings us to the present." I smiled to the interviewer.

"Well" he paused "That was quite a story. But there is one question that is still on my and everyone's mind in the audience. Do you still love Ross?" I thought about his question, well actually I didn't have to think about it I knew I was in love with Ross. I still think about him every second of everyday. I always have and always will love Ross Shor Lynch. At that moment I needed to know if he still felt the same way. I abruptly stood up and said

"I have to go!" And I rushed out of the studio. I ran to my car and drove it to Ross' house. I checked my phone. Earlier today Rydel sent me a text inviting me to her birthday party which was today at 6:00. My phone said it was 9:37. I hoped the party was still going on. I raced to his house. I ran as fast as I could in my short, tight dress. That was the down side of the new me, all my dresses are too tight but I suppose after that interview I could never go back to being America's Sweetheart. I rang the doorbell and waited impatiently for the door to open.

"Alice! You made it!" Rydel cheered a little but tipsy.

"Is Ross here?" I demanded getting to the point.

"I know you don't want to see him but-" she started soberly but I cut her off.

"No I want to see him!" I exclaimed "I NEED to see him." Her eyes went wide.

"Well you better come in then." She giggled.

"Thanks." I smiled, cooling down "Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thank you!" She beamed "Ross is with everyone else in the living room." She lead me through the house that I lived in a year ago. Everything was the exact same besides the party decorations and mass amounts of people I didn't know. Some of them stared at me an whispered to the people beside them. I was pretty famous now. I looked around the room for Ross.

"Alice?!?" I heard. I turned around to see an overjoyed Riker.

"She's here to see Ross." Rydel beamed at her brother.

"And to celebrate Rydel's birthday." I added, giggling. What? I don't giggle anymore, it's more like a sexy chuckle. God I'm such a loser, I mentally face palmed.

"There he is." Riker said pointing to him.

"Thank you!" I called as I rushed over to Ross. He was sitting on the couch watching a happy couple dance. I wonder if he was thinking of us?

"Hey Ross." I said nervously. He quickly turned his head recognizing my voice.

"A-Alice?" He stuttered. He rubbed his eyes as if he thought he was imagining me.

"Why didn't you move on?" I said shakily, fearing his answer.

"I-is it really you?" He asked.

"Why didn't you move on?" I demanded. My tone of voice snapped him out of whatever trance he was in. He looked down at his hand before raising it, the back of it facing me.

"I-I promised." He said shakily, pointing to his promise ring. He never took it off. He still loves me. I felt eyes watching us. I turned around quickly to see all the Lynch's and Ratliff watching, I turned back to Ross.

"Y-you still love me?" I asked quietly. I felt tears building up. He nodded his head.

"As if I could stop? You're the most amazing person I ever met! I was stupid for breaking your heart. That's why I didn't call, I thought you hated me. What happened to it anyways, the baby I mean." I heard a gasp from behind me, I didn't care though as far I was concerned it was just me and Ross.

"I had a miscarriage a couple weeks after we had the fight but I thought YOU hated me so I didn't call." I said looking directly in his eyes. The eyes that I missed so much.

"I never hated you, I hated myself. I punished myself by buying all of your movies and recording all the shows you appeared on. I made myself watch all of them over and over again and I told myself that, that beautiful, amazing, smart person on the screen is hurting because of me. Everyone told me to stop but I didn't listen to them, sometimes I just wanted to die." He paused. He took a deep breath to continue but I started talking.

"I did that too. Riker gave me a slide show of all the pictures and videos we had from the first tour for Christmas one year and I watched it and cried over and over again. I knew that none of that would happen again because I was stupid and lost the best thing I ever had." Tears were now falling down both of our faces. "I didn't just loose you, I lost my second family, the family that really was my first family."

"But you had Kai." He said bitterly.

"I broke up with him about two weeks after we started dating because." I took at deep breath "he wasn't you." A second later Ross' arms were around me. We just stayed there for a couple minutes until he pulled away and reached into his pocket. He pulled out my promise ring that I threw at him.

"I spent months trying to find this." He grinned as he slipped it on my finger. "I kept it with me at all times just incase you came back one day." After he said that I pressed my lips to his, unable to help myself.

"I love you." I whispered when I pulled away, my forehead resting on his.

"I love you too." He whispered back. And America's Sweetheart and the king of Disney lived happily ever after. The End.

A/N THIS IS THE FIRST OUT OF THREE STORIES THAT I'VE ACTUALLY EVER FINISHED!!!! SO WHAT IM GOING TO DO IS HAVE SOME EPILOGUE CHAPTERS OF DIFFERENT IMPORTANT EVENTS IN ROSS AND ALICE'S FUTURE. I.E PROPOSAL, BIRTH OF KIDS HINT HINT. ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! PLEASE COMMENT YOUR FAVOURITE CHAPTER AND WHY!!!! AND ALSO THIS HAS OVER 1000 READS! THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING ILYASM!!!!