Chapter 2: A New Story, A New Life

Fakir then walked in and closed the door behind him.

"I found these in the school. Its a spare uniform I think." He tossed the bag at her and it fell at the floor. It looked like a girls uniform. "Its all I could find."

"...thanks." Ahiru nodded. She was surprised when it the clothes looked like hers...as they were wrapped in a bunch like they did when she changed into a duck in the past. "But what am I going to wear tonight."

"Uhm." Fakir never thought of the fact she wouldn't want to sleep in a school uniform. Plus she didn't even have any dance attire...let alone regular clothes. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out and oversized t-shirt and - and...

"I have to wear your clothes?!" Ahiru squealed.

"It's all I have..." Fakir said the shirt still in his hand. She looked embarrassed and confused.

She actually was wondering if she should ask him about the book. If he'd actually wrote that. If he'd begun to write a story about her.

"You can have the bed tonight. Tomorrow we'll get you some actual clothes and see if we can talk to the instructor about getting you into the school." Fakir sighed and left the shirt on the bed as he walked outside.

It wasn't that he didn't want Ahiru to be back...but it wasn't something he was prepared for. He questioned if he should write more down and see if it would come to life as well... but then again, he hesitated. If something was going on, his own interference might cause problems. He'd have to wait to see what part Ahiru had in this. Whatever this was.

"Ah so the little town is having some problems again. What a silly man he is to think that the prince and princess of another story are the key to his issues. His little creation's feathers, dancing about, looking for the one who he seeks for vengeance. And my Fakir stepped into the story at the perfect time, awakening Duck to a human again." Drosselmyer sat at his chair. "Did they really think I'd leave to let them rest, when so much was left in the air. When they know I love the art of ballet so much...to homage such a performance as the graceful white bird, and the lake that sits in the middle of the story and the town. I had forgotten about my scrap notes, my written prologue seems to becoming alive, and i shall thread pieces to this story together now, as an epilogue of my last...now how could I leave such a story alone? My doll Ezura has let me write one more story, all because I told the doll it was for love...or how does she say it, "lovey dovey zura!" Haha! One more tragedy for the little duck, the little ugly duckling growing up...and yet can't turn back into a swan." The image on the cog, turned from Fakir outside to an image of Princess Tutu and back to the sleeping Ahiru in Fakir's shirt, in his bed."

Ahiru woke up and got into her uniform. She was put her hair back into its long braid, when she realized she had nothing to hold it back with. She never wore her hair down in public! Plus would anyone even remember her? She wondered where Fakir had slept...she needed her own room again. She saw Fakir on his chair asleep in a blanket. She wondered how much sleep he'd gotten like that. She tapped on his shoulder. He didn't wake up. She lightly tapped on it again. He stirred a little. She spun around on her heel to turn away, having gave up, and lost her balance and tripped forward, her leg kicking up behind her and hitting his chair knocking it over, waking him up suddenly. She jumped up and looked stunned at what she'd done.