Chapter 11: Close To the Truth, But Torn Away

Fakir woke up the next morning early. Ahiru would still be sleeping...the sunlight had barely even begun to hit the horizon. He reached onto the window sill beside the bed, and gave a silent prayer in his head that the pages of this so called notebook would not be completely water logged.

He took the leather case, which he'd opened for the sake of letting it all dry, and took out the book. A black book, with silver embroidery...but nothing that indicated it was fancy nor expensive...rather small actually...barely over the size of his hand. The case had protected it quite well and the pages with some water stains, mainly only seeped in on the edges, while most of the middle was dry...he opened it to see many pages, with small paragraphs, ideas, and bullet point lists of brainstorming...but one page almost one third of the way in he'd titled as if he was writing a book...calligraphic writing...mostly dry and non-streaked or blotted by water. He looked with wonder at it and moved to his desk where he could see it better.

The Ballet of the Swans: Preface

The Knight, the Princess and The Sorcerer's Vengeance

Fakir couldn't believe it. A story made out as a preface...swans too...and new characters as well... he opened the page to what looked like the beginnings of a story.

Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, lived a young Knight. The Knight was a bold and fearless knight who would give his life for his Prince...a Prince known for his caring heart. But with all happy stories come complications. For this Prince was sought out by many, and not just for good, but evil as well. The Knight protected the Prince every day, and every evening when he went out to the forrest to enjoy the musings of fresh air and rippling waters of a nearby lake, the Knight stood watch over his beloved Prince.

One day the Knight had a feeling that something was lurking about the forrest, and with rumors of a dark Sorcerer about the Kingdom, he left the Prince for a moment to boldly investigate such shadows of the forrest... whether it be beast, animal or Sorcerer. He found nothing but meek animals. Squirrels gathering, deer prancing, rabbits hopping. That was until he reached the lake, the peaceful sapphire blue lake of the forrest, where he saw a girl, a Princess rumored to live mostly in solitude...the Princess of the Lake. Few had seen such a lovely sight, and it was then the Knight realized that she was not just a Princess of the Lake, but a Princess of the Swans. She danced between the trees, of solitude and loneliness, but of happiness as well, as if she was a bird walking on water, arms as delicate as wings in the sky. A white gown of feathers, a small crown on her hair, and a gem as red as her beautiful heart adorned her, dancing here and there.

He became entranced with such a beautiful girl, but there were secrets about her he did not know. While he watched the magical creature dance, his Prince was being crept by the real foe.

The Sorcerer was a powerful one, one who wanted more of such power and wealth, and had a kingdom's greed. His apprentice son was a lesser one, but they traveled to perform such a deed; as to find a way to kill the Prince and take over the Kingdom, but there was one problem indeed...the Knight was also around every corner, and against him was a battle that could not have a winner be foreseen. Magic was useful only to deceive, and the Knight's sword was known to be quite invincible to most magic. So instead the Sorcerer watched in the shadows each day and night until, his loophole could be found... this was of course found as a lover's triangle, companioned with his dark will.

Now each day the Prince returned, each day to the fresh forrest air, and each day the Knight would catch glimpses of his lake-side muse, the girl with swan-like grace. But this girl did not dance for the Knight...no, she danced for the Prince. She'd seen the boy with a heart so full, and danced with a longing and bliss. Not once had she questioned her own solitude until she had seen such Prince. She wanted to be his Princess, she wanted to be his muse, and she left her lake farther and farther each day, each day closer to her fairytale kiss. Until one day she saw, that in fact she was not his muse...a girl with Raven colored hair, had taken most of his amusement. Could it be? As she danced, closer and closer, fair and dear, she was not but two trees away, and indeed she witnessed this fear.

The Sorcerer in the shadows, was watching from a far, and knew that love was not made for triangles, and triangles only lead to crossed stars. He found his precious loop hole, and there he would divide. His magic was weaker in this world, but he could not defy his own pride. If the Knight was broken he could then get to the Prince. Set the Knight against the Prince, for his beautiful Princess was a lie. Her heart belonged to a Prince for who could she could not confide. A broken heart, is a start, to a plan with devious evil and pain, to destroy the kingdom, with the power of truth, and a dark magic to make his name.

Now when the Sorcerer appeared to the Knight that fateful day, he

Fakir looked at the book...pages were ripped out! He couldn't believe it. A Knight...A Prince...and Princess that danced like a Swan...too much of this sounded familiar...reminiscent of the characters both he and the others had played last time Drosselmeyer had awakened an unfinished story. Someone ripped them out...but who? The pages were freshly torn, and he never once saw the book escape from the window...but night time he could not keep eye on it. He looked at the sill, before he bit his lip in frustration.

A black swan feather sat on the ground, less than a foot from the sill.

Director Kugamaii sighed. So the boy really was out and about, trying to find out the truth. They're back story... no he knew as well as others, since reading on his maker, that Drosselmeyer had left their story unfinished. His preface had no epiloge...his lack of epilogue gave him, as the Sorcerer he was, but now twice as powerful to exact his revenge.

He stared at the ripped papers from the book, the papers to which his creation of Yin had given him. Yes she was a Yin. A magical creature made in the image of a black swan, who could become the dark side of the person she mimicked. She hoped to take Ahiru's body for her own, but should the plan change, he was willing to sacrifice both of his creature and the girl.

Sacrifice was always needed for dark magic.