01: The Dress

A:N from September 2020: Just a warning, I wrote this at 13 years old. I'm fully aware the romance + falling for each other comes out of nowhere hehe. This is RIDDLED with plot holes and grammar mistakes no need to point them out trust me I know😭. Thanks for reading and tysm for the support, i am very rarely on wattpad anymore and if i am it's just to read so i will take ages to reply x

Wear something nice.
Hermione raked through her closet, trying to find at least one decent dress to wear for her date with Ron.

"How about this one?" She held up a navy ankle-length dress to show her friend Ginny, who wrinkled her nose at the sight of it.

"Uh, it's nice, but it kind of screams 'ministry worker' to me" Hermione bitterly shoved it back in her closet and glared at her friend.

"Maybe that's because I am a ministry worker! Ginny, look. Ron and I are going out tonight, to a really fancy place. I literally have no really fancy clothes to wear so I need something. I need it fast". Ginny nodded and stood up abruptly.

"Y-you wait here. I'll apparate to Harry and I's place and get you a nice dress to wear. It should be your size" with that she vanished into thin air with a satisfying whip. Hermione sighed and sunk into her armchair. It had been a year and a half after the battle of Hogwarts and Ron and her hadn't been apart since.

Life had finally fallen into place and seemed to be changing for the better. Ginny and Harry had only
recently gotten married, and Hermione and Ron had been dating for what seemed like forever. Finally over after the initial shock of the war, everything was as it should be. And she was about to go on a date with Ron and maybe, hopefully...

He'd propose.

He was hinting that he was going to, and that was two months ago. Hopefully by now he'd have a clear decision whether to propose or not to. And deep down, Hermione knew that he was going to, since they'd been getting along more than usual lately. Ginny thought so as well.

Speaking of Ginny, there was a soft whip and she appeared on top of Hermione's bedside table.

"Woah!" she steadied herself and jumped down, knocking a few of Hermione's beloved books on the ground in the process.

"That was quick!" Hermione remarked, reluctantly getting up from her cozy seat. Ginny smiled broadly and pulled out the dress from a bag.

It was the most beautiful thing Hermione had ever seen.

A dazzling shade of cooling mint green, the dress was ankle length and seemed to be a wave of shimmering crystals in the main skirt area. The cleavage was patterned with beautiful silver gems, and the straps were braided from the finest silk. Hermione was absolutely in love with it.

"I got it last year, when I was on tour with the Holyhead Harpies. There was this cute vintage shop near the pitch, it was in the window for sale, so I bought it. 40% off, not a deal you can argue with!"  She handed Hermione the dress.

"Oh Ginny!!" She exclaimed, embracing her friend tightly, "I-I love it! Thank you so much! It's beautiful!!" Ginny laughed and hugged her friend back.

"Don't sweat it. Hey, you can keep it!" She grinned at Hermione who was now dancing around the room like a penguin.

"Umm... how about you try it on, Mione?" Hermione stopped her little happy dance and rushed into the bathroom.

"Oh yes! I'll try it on! Oh, the fabric!! It's so- it's so soft! Like angel wings!!" Ginny shook her head and laughed. Even a fool could tell that Hermione was overly-excited about having dinner with Ron, and Ginny loved that. She loved how her friendship with Hermione hadn't gotten really awkward when she and her brother started dating, and that's one more thing to add to the list of Hermione's  strengths.

After a little wait, Hermione slowly opened to door to reveal what she looked like in the dress. As soon as Ginny laid eyes on her, she literally fell of her seat.

"Hermione!" She gasped, shakily getting back onto her feet, "do a twirl! Do a twirl!"

Hermione did a slow twirl and the skirt of her dress fanned out like petals on a flower, making the whole room light up with warmth and happiness.

"You look stunning! I'm sure if Ron saw you in that he'd think he was looking straight at what his Amortentia was rather than smelling what it was!"

"You really think so?" Hermione looked at herself in the mirror and studied the dress. She really did have to admit, it suited her very well. And Ginny was letting her keep it!!

"I know so" Ginny rested her hand's on her friends' shoulders. "When Ron sees you, he'll marry you right there and then! On the spot!!" she joked. "I'm not saying this because you're my friend, but you honestly look truly beautiful." Hermione hugged Ginny again and turned back to the mirror.

"Now, for the hair..." She stroked her chin thoughtfully.

"I've got you covered!" Ginny popped up from behind Hermione and began demonstrating different hairstyles she could have.

"You have the singular braid, the fishtail, the double braid, the triple braid, the messy b-... Yes. Definitely"

"Definitely what?" Hermione asked, perplexed.

"A messy bun. Yes, of course. Your hair colour compliments the mint of the dress gorgeously! Ok, now sit down" she rushed Hermione over to her dressing table and began furiously tying her hair back and forwards and tightening bits, pulling bits out, restarting, hairspraying, and a whole lot of other messy bun related things.

Finally, after twenty minutes Ginny got Hermione's hair perfect. Think of the nicest messy bun you can, and that was exactly what Hermione's hair looked like.

"Look out world, model Granger's coming through!" Ginny laughed and pushed her friend in front of the mirror, who gasped when she saw herself.

"Pretty, eh?" Ginny smirked, admiring her work.

"Beautiful!!............ Uh, I sound so boastful." Hermione closed her eyes and looked at the floor.

"Boastful? BOASTFUL?!?? Please, you have every right to be boastful. Look at yourself! Your a star! The prettiest in Great Britain!" Ginny raised Hermione's head so they were staring into each other's eyes.

"Listen to me. You look amazing. Ron is going to love you. Oh, and if he does pop the question, don't forget to say yes!" Ginny laughed, to which Hermione gave her a playful smack in the arm.

"Why wouldn't I say yes?! I love Ron, and Ron loves me. We are the perfect couple, and if he proposes, hell yeah am I saying yes!! We were meant to be together, and nothing is going to stop us from loving each other. Nothing. Ever".

"Aw, Hermione. I-I'm just so happy for you!" Ginny wiped a single tear from her blue eyes.

"Thanks Gins. Thanks for the dress, the hair, the makeup from earlier... Everything!"

"Happy to help!" The friends smiled at each other for what seemed like hours, suddenly Ginny pipes up,

"Mione, look at the bloody time! Go! Go! Ron'll be there waiting for you!"

"Ah! You're right! Your right!" She frantically grabbed her white purse and headed for the door.

"Wish me luck!" Hermione said, opening it with a creak.

"Good luck!" Ginny chided in a sing-song voice, "I best be off too. Harry and I are heading to diagon alley to run some errands!" And then, with another whip, Ginny had disappeared and Hermione headed out the door, into the dark street.