11: The Burnt Village

A/N: hey guys this image above refers to what the burnt village will look like in this story... SO GET READING! You don't want to miss out on this dramione of a lifetime!😂😂 XD lol no ANNYWWWAYYYYY:

Draco stumbled out of the tent into the broad daylight, the sun beaming through the tres and temporarily blinding him. Hermione followed after him, immediately shielding her eyes from the beacon of light.

"B-bright" he groaned, rubbing his grey orbs. Hermione nodded, pulling out a pair of black-lensed white sunglasses and pressing them to her face.

"Ray-...Ban?" Draco sounded out what was printed on Hermione's glasses. "Ray Ban? What's that?" Hermione chuckled lightly.

"Ray-Ban! It's a muggle sunglasses company". Draco's face was blank "you know... Sunglasses.... The things that-"

"Of course I know what sunglasses are!" Draco protested, "I-I just don't understand why on earth someone could make a business out of selling just sunglasses"

"Oh you'll be surprised" Hermione was pleased to be able to share her experiences about the muggle world with someone "some companies only sell toilet paper, tissues, rubber bands or even hair clips!"

"Hm" Draco scrunched his nose "strange beings, muggles".

"Whatever you say" Hermione rolled her eyes and began to walk outwards into the tree land. "So uh, where are we going?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing" Draco admitted, hoisting his rucksack onto his shoulders and following Hermione.

"Oh" she sniffed unpleasingly "well... Let's see if we can find any traces that dragons have been here"

"Good idea" Draco nodded. "This way"

The duo soon found themselves hiking up a steep mountain, the humidity of the air suctioning around them.

"So.... Thirsty...." Draco croaked. With a shaky hand, Hermione pulled out a leather flask from her bag which the blonde took several large gulps from "ah, thanks" he passed it back.

"No signs of dragons" Hermione picked at the bark on a tree lamely. "I guess let's just keep walking"

They continued to trek up the mountain, the only thing interesting was the amount of times Draco had flicked a pebble or twig at Hermione, and when she turned around acted as if he was innocently walking and didn't throw it.

"Would you cut it out?" Hermione argued, brushing the nature off of her brunette hair.

"It wasn't me!" Draco replied, holding a hand to his heart. They walked in silence for another few minutes, the only sound was the crunching of leaves under their boots, the symphony of birds in the tree and occasionally Draco's whistling.

"So" Hermione piped up, taking a sideways glance at Draco, "so what happened... After the war"

The corners of Draco's mouth deepened.

"Stuff. Mum and I went home. Dad got arrested. Blaise and Pansy's wedding. The occasional jeer or spiteful comment from a member of the public. An 'important' meeting with my mum when she told me about the stupid 'Will Policy' and that. Now this job". He talked in a tone which was impossible to read.

"Oh. Um, fun" Hermione didn't really know what to say.

"So what about you, Hermione?" Draco seemed kindly interested, and the use of her first name made Hermione's heart melt.

"A lot actually. Gin and Harry's wedding. Getting this job. I bought a kitten a Diagon Alley about a month ago. Called her Muffin - original, yes I know. The, uh 'breakup'... And now Romania with you" Hermione did a mediocre version of 'parkour' from tree stump to tree stump while explaining. The duo could soon finally see the top of the mountain. "Nearly at the top, I see"