14: Betrayed

A/N: OLIVIA WETHERSTEIN FACE CLAIM👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽
hey guys!😈😊 sorry for the terribly slow updates. I'm on holiday in England! I'm currently writing this in a car, on a boringly long road trip to Yorkshire😕. Yes, I feel terrible carsick from writing this, but am I gonna stop? No! Probably! Anyway, I'm sure your DYING to know what happens next in this chapter; so on with the story! Stuffs about to go down👇🏻
PS: I got the Cursed Child book yesterday! (The day it came out😺) it's absolutely brilliant! Halfway through already! 

Draco felt stronger, now it only felt like a bullet had shot in his ear, not a grenade. He gingerly padded over to the bland wooden door, twisting the icy metal doorknob. It opened with a whispering creak.

He glanced out the doorway, and saw a darkened hall, with closed darkened doors in a sickeningly perfect line. Draco knew that the first door held his father's collection of robes- he was never allowed to go in there. The second had the Manor's potions lab. At a young age, when left home alone, he would go into said lab and brew some potions. He did this so many times and practised so thoroughly, that's how he came to excel potions at Hogwarts so well.

Behind the next door, was a guest room. Draco remembered the terrible week where Bellatrix had to stay with the Malfoys, the long and painful dinners where he would watch her slurp her bitter food down, taking a sip of her seventh sickly beer of the night. She had stayed in that room, and the mess she made was absolutely disgusting. Draco knew that, because he was forced to clean it. His father's words were 'clean, Draco. If you can take on this, you can take on anything'.

He'd found a dewberry bush growing through the floorboards, from when Bellatrix must've dropped a seed. There was all sorts of horrors, like a large human intestine tied around the leg of her bed. Draco guessed it was from a victim she'd murdered while visiting.

He silently crept through the doorway, making it to the first door. Suddenly, the dreadful sound of echoing footsteps was heard as the long shadow of a man arced into Draco's view.

No Draco panicked, as the steps got louder. He looked around for somewhere to hide, but there was only one option. Scurrying, he twisted open the first door's handle, and ducked inside.

As his eyes adjusted to the eerie light, Draco realised he was in his father's robe-room. Long robes adorned the walls, all being lit up like they were in a museum by an unknown light source. His heart still pumping rapidly, he ducked behind a dark grey robe, pressing to the wall. Unfortunately, the footsteps came to a halt outside the door, as Draco heard the unmistakeable sound of the doorknob squeaking, followed by the creak of the door.

Draco stole a hurried peep from behind the robe, and with a shudder saw his father, Lucius Malfoy, in the room with him.

This is it he thought. I'm done for. No Hermione, no me. He waited for the moment when his father would find him, then let a green jet of power zap towards him. He was right. The daily prophet was right. Lucius had escaped from Azkaban and he was here.

"My robes!" Draco was immediately snapped out of his thoughts by his father exclaiming. "Oh how Ive missed you!" He went up to a jet black one and hugged it. Draco would've laughed if it were anyone else, but it wasn't, so he cowered in his hiding spot for dear life. Suddenly, he realised that Lucius was going in order hugging his robes, so that meant in about thirty seconds Draco would've been caught robe-handed.

"You know, in Azkaban it's bloody ridiculous. They make you wear these ugly little suits and don't let you change" Lucius rambled, now only two robes away from the one that Draco was hiding behind. Suddenly, the younger one had an idea.

As discreetly as possible, he pulled out his wand, and waited for his father to approach his hiding place. As he did, Draco flicked his wand to his father's shoes, tying his shoelaces on both feet together.