Chapter 30

CRYSTALS POV

Bring Arabella and Gabby home from the hospital was not an easy task. Ara cried a lot, and Gabby was struggling, well more like Jackson was. You could tell her was shaking most of the time and he was scared he wouldn't do anything right.

Ryan wasn't as much of a mess, he just had to keep Jackson calm. I, on the other hand, was keeping an eye on Gabby and Ara.

Once we had gotten them home, Gabby was fast asleep in her bed. I had decided to take care of Ara, dressing her, feeding her, bathing her, and letting her sleep as Gabby took her much needed nap. I had been up all night, holding Ara in my arms. Jackson had gone to bed awhile ago with Gabby, and Ryan had passed out next to me on the couch.

I still had Ara in my arms, and she was asleep too. I was the only left awake. I didn't want to move, in fear I would wake Ara, and Ryan too, so I started to close my eyes, drifiting off into a light sleep. Until my phone buzzed, causing we to waken from my slumber and inspect it. I squinted at the bright screen, and I read the name. Nick. What the hell?

I opened the message, reading it word for word.

Nick- Hey, I know you're probably asleep, but I just wanted to say good luck and see you tomorrow at school.

What? Good luck? I frowned, confused. I decided to text him back.

Me- What do you mean?

Nick- You don't remember?

Me-I guess not...wanna explain?

Nick-Finals are tomorrow...

Me-Shit. Thanks.

Nick-Wyd up so early?

Me-Takin care of the baby.

Nick-Gab finally gave birth?

Me-Yeps. Her names Arabella.

Nick-Cute. Wanna go for a walk?

Me-When?

Nick-Now.

Me-She's in my arms.

Nick-Take her with you.

Me-I cant do that.

Nick-Im outside

Me-What

Nick-Im outside your door come out here

Me-Fine hold on

I slowly slipped Ara out of my arms, placing her in her crip. I grabbed my hoodie, slowly opening and closing my front door. I stood outside, to find a smiling Nick.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled.

"I wanted to come see you." He explained.

"It's 4:30 in the morning and you just happen to be outside my door? Tell me you're not stalking me." I stated.

"No I would never do that." Nick says.

"Sure. Like you would never hurt me? Like you would never cheat on me? Like you would never lie to me?" I said, my words growing fierce and hateful.

"Look, Crys, I think you need to calm down."

"Don't you dare tell me what to do." I spat.

"It was just a suggestion."

"Look, I know I am not the bad guy very often, but I need to be clear. I don't want you here nor do I want you in my life. I don't need you. I have a husband. And a niece." I said through gritted teeth.

"But I love you Crystal. Don't you remember our love?"

"Yes, I do. But that doesn't give you the excuse to show up on the front door of my home with some of the closest people in my lives, and say these things."

"I want you to be mine. You can leave here. We can leave NY, or if you want to stay here in NY, I could give you all the money in the world and you can come live with me in a penthouse. We can be back together at last." He urges, tears tug at my eyes, daring to rush down my cheeks. I bite my tongue, tasting blood.

"Nick, leave." I state.

"Will you at least consider it?" He questions hopefully.

"I guess. But I'll tell you this. I love my husband, my niece, Gabby, and Jackson. I wouldn't trade them for the world. But I guess." I mumble, before walking back inside. Ryan was on the couch, out cold, and I walked over to him, cuddling myself into his arms. I closed my eyes tightly as I inhaled Ryan's cologne.

But I couldn't stop thinking about Nick's offer.