Chapter 5: DROWNING IN MY OWN CONFUSION

Chapter 5:

DROWNING IN MY OWN CONFUSION

Engaged, the word snapped into Akari's mind like a disease.

"How can this even be possible, i've made so many plans!" She thought, extremely confused.

"Now everyone lets have a drink to the new-" Akari's father started, but quickly got interrupted.

"Excuse me, sorry but i have to step out for a bit" Akari announced, her long dark hair hiding her furious expression. She rushedly stepped out of the large hall before anyone could talk to her and rushed to the restroom, the long kimono she wore seeming to turn into bolder colors with her emotion.

"I can't go through with this, they decided my future for me already! For god sakes, I'm only 16" Akari exclaimed with all her frustration showing through, she couldn't hide it. "I can't..." She started, the slowly stopped. "Kyouya,..Kyouya Ootori" Akari thought as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, becoming disgusted by how badly her emotions were showing, and quickly looking away, "No, I can't, it's marriage....but, if I can just get him, just once, to show me his real emotions, maybe I can stop feeling this void whenever I think about him, and then I'll just call the engagment off,... if I can".

Akari thought about her plan for a while before she washed her face and walked back out to the dining hall.

"Excuse me, I'm terribly sorry, i think i just took it as a bit more of a shock than i should've" Akari said, bowing slightly before slding back into her chair and smiling softly, looking over at Kyouya and not being surprised at the least that his eyes were still unemotional. She made sure her voice was gentle so they couldnt see the strain she was using to hide her emotions.

"Well now then, since you two are to be married, we want you two to get to know each other, so from now on, the Ootori's driver shall pick you up Akari, so you can ride with Kyouya on the way to school" Akari's father announced, as he put on his celebratory smile.

"Yes, all of our family are very happy we'll be able to cooperate and make a beautiful wedding for our precious children" Mrs. Ootori said, a very sweet smile sliding across her face. "Indeed, we're glad we can join our two families together, now we must be going now, but Kyouya and our driver will be here at 8 to pick you up, Akari" Mr. Ootori said, his expression of success showing through, "Its very lovely that such a beautiful young lady like you shall be able to take care of our Kyouya".

As Akari and her family walked the Ootori family to the door, they politely said good byes, both families wearing wide grins except for Akari, who stood expresionless but elegantly at the door, and Kyouya, who only wore a blatant soft smile.

As Akari sweetly said good bye to each Ootori as they walked out the door, Kyouya came and smiled at her, still with no emotion to her. "I'm very happy we get to meet again, both times very surprising events occured, maybe its around you interesting things happen, or maybe you're the interesting one" Kyouya said to her, his voice staying strong but gentle, as he walked through the large doors. As he passed, Akari looked and saw a small glint of curiousness in his eyes.

"The first hint of emotion I've seen from him, but I swear to myself, I'll get him to show those hidden faces to me."