Chapter 6: IF I CAN FIGURE HIM OUT...

Chapter 6:

IF I CAN FIGURE HIM OUT...

At 8 o' clock sharp, a sleek white limousine appeared in Akari's driveway, making a loop to get in front of the entrance. The maids hurriedly called Akari down to the entrance. "What will I talk about with him?" Akari thought, as she swiftly put on her classic brown shoes, which perfectly matched her soft yellow dress uniform, "or i can just stay silent unless he wants to talk, I don't want to make it awkward though."

She stopped for a moment and quickly shook her troublesome thoughts out of her head before heading downstairs. "Just act calmly like always.." she muttered under her breath as she walked out of the door and walked towards the limo, the driver stepping out to open the door for her.

She glided through the door swiftly and sat across from Kyouya, them two being the only two in there. As she set her bag on her seat next to her and buckled her seat belt, she looked over to see Kyouya studying her and smiling politely but blatantly, like always. Akari stared for a moment then smiled back.

"Good morning Kyouya, I hope you rested well" She said kindly, as she looked at his clear eyes.

"Good morning to you as well, I've rested well, thank you" Kyouya answered back, as he put on a interested face, as if he discovered something.

"That's good then" Akari said softly, as she turned to look out the window, grinning unknowingly at the bright yellow sun shining down on them.

As Kyouya noticed her smile, he looked off too, thinking a bit. "Hey, you know how you told me my eyes were unemotional the first time we met..." Kyouya said, as he stared straight at her.

"Yeah, well I--"

"How did you notice?"

"..Huh?"

"Well, you're the first one who saw through my composure right when you met me,...I've tried to process how, but I can't find a reason how."

"Oh, well it's probably because most people don't look you straight in the eyes when they meet you,...the moment I saw your eyes I could tell they didn't have any feeling in them. They're blank, they reminded me of moonlight. It's bright, and it's beautiful, but it doesn't give you a sense of emotion, it has a clear reflection" Akari whispered, looking a bit melancholy.

Kyouya looked at her, a bit stunned from her answer, hoping for more, but also for less. He finally sighed and gave a small smirk. "You are a very interesting girl, I didn't expect you to answer so honestly, I suppose I got the wrong idea of you from last night" Kyouya said to her, as he pushed up his glasses.

Akari thought for a second then grinned. "Can't judge a book by its cover..." she said quietly. She picked up her bag as she noticed the limousine pulling into the school's entrance. They both exited the limo, and walked up to the school's entrance doors together. Akari couldn't help but notice the amount of whispers she heard from students walking in behind and in front of them.

"Oh, so the rumors were true.."

"Man, all the girls will be depressed."

"But they are such a compatible couple."

Akari quickly nudged off all the mutters she heard as she entered the building. "Well, this is where I'll be departing.." Akari said, as she pointed into her classroom, where boys and girls alike were staring at both of them near the door in shock, "Thank you for giving me a ride".

"It was my pleasure" Kyouya said, as he gave a slight grin, still with no real emotion, "before we part, I'd like to invite you to the host club this afternoon, my family wants you to come over for dinner so they can learn about you, so it'll be easier if you stay after with me so we can be picked up together."

Akari faintly blushed and thought for a second. "Okay, if it won't be any trouble, I'll come after..." She whispered, as she walked into the classroom. Kyouya nodded and walked down the hallway towards his class. Akari quickly sat down and put her bag on her chair, letting out a sigh. "Oh great, more to deal with, but..." Akari pondered, keeping her composure as she waited for the first bell to ring, "this experience will be good for research".