Chapter 8: I SUPPOSE THIS'LL BE INTERESTING RESEARCH...(Part II)

Chapter 8:

I SUPPOSE THIS'LL BE INTERESTING RESEARCH...

(Part II)

Hani sat Akari down at a small but detailed three-chaired table, with a vase of an exquisite bouquet of flowers on it near the tray of sweets.

"'Kari-chan, would you like some Sencha tea, or maybe some Oolong tea?" Hani said happily, as he rocked his feet underneath the table, Mori sitting by his side calmly.

"'Kari-chan?I get sweets and a nickname" Akari thought a bit touched as she pondered over the teas. "Some Oolong would be delightful, I haven't had its elegant taste in a while" She answered to Hani as crossed her hands over her lap.

Mori brought over a tray with two beautifully carven porcelain cups and tea plates, with designs of cherry blossoms realistically gliding over the bottom, and a teapot that perfectly went along with them. As he smiled slightly and placed one in front of Akari, she took a minute to soak in the magnificence of the tea cup before sipping the warm Sakura Oolong tea. She sighed with delight as the taste stayed glidingly in her mouth. Hani smiled brightly as he saw her delight in the taste and handed her a small piece of strawberry shortcake.

"Me and Usa-chan are happy we get to enjoy a snack with someone who'll be close to Kyou-chan!" Hani exclaimed sweetly.

"Usa-chan?" Akari said a bit confused.

"My bunny, see?" Hani answered, as he held Usa-chan high up in the air.

"Ah, I see, he's really cute, I used to have a small stuffed bunny as well when i was small before my mother's..."

"The what?'

"Oh, nothing, I can barely remember it anyways."

"Oh, well Usa-chan is very special to me, my grandma made it for me before she passed on."

"Wow, she made him, that's very amazing, I can barely do any sewing, just a few stitchings here and there."

"Mhmm, my Grandmama was very nice! She would give me sweets and presents all the time! So, enough about that, are you and Kyou-chan close yet?"

"Well, I don't think so, we've barely met each other anyways, but I hope to."

"Hmm really?" Hani said as he kicked his feet and thought for a while. "When i saw you next to each other, I felt like you had the same aura, well with yours being less frightening than Kyou-chans, it felt as if I was looking at two different sides of the same person".

Akari looked up from he cup of tea stunned at his point of view. "Well, I never thought of it like that, maybe because I've never pictured that I would even talk to Kyouya as much as I have, just recently has my interest in him risen" Akari said, surprised with her own honesty, as she took a small nibble of the sweet cake.

As her and Hani sat there and discussed random things about themselves, the two huge white doors curled open, and a crowd of girls strolled into the large room, each one giddier than the last, as they skipped over to the host they wanted to see. As a section of girls walked to Hani and Mori, they spotted Akari quietly sipping tea and conversing with the young host. "Honey, may we sit and drink tea with you as well?" one of the girls asked.

"Well, of course! You can join in with me and 'Kari-chan!" Hani said cheerfully as he gave a bright smile to the girls.

The girls politely pulled chairs over and sat around the table, shooting stares over at Akari and wondering about the rumours. As she smiled at one girl who quickly looked away as she noticed Akari caught her glare, she sipped more of her tea in a proud manner. When Hani started laughing and entertaining his guests, all the girls at the table lost focus from Akari and started to join in in Hani's merry-making. "Thank god Hani's so charming, i was about to lose my composure if they kept focusing on me, not like I'm not used to situations like that though" Akari thought as she finished off the cake.

Suddenly, a girl tapped on Akari's left shoulder. As she looked up, a girl much taller than her petite height stood wavering over her. She had short blond hair, with dark brown eyes, She seemed as if she was the total opposite of Akari except for her polite stance.

"I'm sorry to ask, but is it true?" the tall girl asked Akari curiously.

"What is, exactly?" Akari questioned back, a bit confused.

"Well, your engagement with Kyouya."

"Oh,...well I'm not sure if I can answer that, my dear" Akari said, not knowing if she should tell Kyouya's customer's about the ordeal.

"You're not? So would that be a no, or a maybe?" the girl quickly questioned back, as a look of both hope and desperation filled her eyes

As a crowd of girls quickly gathered to hear her answer, Akari swiftly realized they all were very desperate for her to say "no", for their to be a chance that maybe they'd still be able to become Kyouya's, for that little small amount of hope this might truly just be gossip, and instead of Akari feeling mad at them for pressuring her to answer, she felt sorrow for the girls who were showing their feelings for Kyouya to her through their eyes.

Akari, not being able to handle emotion since she always hid her own, nimbly stood up from the small table she sat at and curtsied a small bow before walking towards the door. "Excuse me, I'm very sorry for being so impolite, but I'll wait in the garden until it's time to leave" Akari whispered to Kyouya, who was standing near the entrance, before she dashed down the hall, barely looking back to see Kyouya standing out of the music room looking down the hall at her.

"Again this plan is getting even more complicated for me".