Chapter 9: SO MANY REASONS

Chapter 9:

SO MANY REASONS.

Akari sat on a curved white bench in the large colorful garden that laid in the center of the school's grounds. She stared up at the dazzling blue sky and sighed deeply. "Feelings, emotions, all these things, how do i get used to them?..." She whispered to the wind as she plucked a small blooming tulip from the side of the bench, twirling it in her slim fingers.

She picked up her shoulders and thought for a bit as she stared at the red blossom. "Just cope with it, it's a goal you've set for yourself already. If you could get used to hiding your emotions at the age of 7, you can get used to dealing with other's emotions at the age of 17" Akari thought, as she looked ponderingly at the tulip, seeming as if she was soaking in each detail of the flower.

As Akari started to become sleepy from the soft wind, she sang herself a lullaby inside the garden, the small but sweet one her mother sang to her when she was alive and when Akari was young.

"Sleep, baby, sleep..

Oh, my baby, sleep,

how lovely, how lovely,

how nice you are.

Where's the nurse, where's the girl?
Where's your nurse girl?
She's gone, she's gone,
Far across the hill..."

Akari sang the last word softly, and slowly drifted off to sleep, her head laying in her hands.

As Akari laid there on the refined bench, resting, she started to dream. She dreamt about the day of her mother's funeral, how she was dressed in a long black dress with her dark silky hair blending into it, and how she was only five years old but she could remember every person whispered to another.

"That woman, may she rest in peace for all the suffering she went through."

"Oh, the poor children, their father work so much, how're they to get any love from him?"

"Yes, such a lonely life they'll have to live now, especially the younger one, she adored her mother so much."

"Of course, now she'll become a doll for her father's corporation, just like her brother."

"At least her brother's getting something out of it, she won't inherit the business like him..."

"She's such a precious thing, if only...."

If only what? She could never remember that part, that one phrase, but would it make a difference even if she did? It aggravates her that she can't, but what could she do, it's all in the past, no need to remember it. Akari couldn't forget her future she wants, she has no time to live in the past, but why was she agreeing to marry Kyouya if she wants to be free. Even if she tried, she couldn't answer that, her goal was to show him emotion, but how could she if he's causing her more reaction than she him?

Akari woke up from her confusing dream by a gust of wind that made her hair flow crazily around the bench. She sat up slowly and noticed a body sitting next to hers. She turned to her right to see Kyouya, sitting and giving a small intrigued smirk in her direction.

"Good morning, did you rest well?" Kyouya asked politely, as he turned to look at the row of roses near them.

"How long have you been here?" Akari asked back, trying to hide her surprise with a soft voice.

"A while."

"And if you had to estimate that, how long would a while be."

"Not sure, let's just round it to 15 minutes."

"Don't you need to be inside?"

"It's not so busy, and if Tamaki and the twins ruin something, I'll deal with it later."

"You're a very organized person, aren't you?"

"You can call it a habit if you must."

"I'd rather say lifestyle."

"Hmm, well that's an interesting way of thinking" Kyouya said, as he pushed up his glasses a bit.

Akari looked at Kyouya for a bit before taking the tulip she held onto during her rest and slid it behind his ear. "Flowers used to calm me, but i suppose now they only make me more conscious..." Akari said softly with a melancholy laugh, as she pulled her hand away from the tulip and looked up at the sky again. Kyouya, seeming a bit shocked by her action, but still not truly showing her, stood up and put out his hand to Akari.

"I believe it's almost time for us to get picked up, so we should go to the front of the school" Kyouya informed Akari. Akari took his hand and stood up, quickly pulling away her hand from him as she felt nervous from his touch. Kyouya started walking over to the large gate to the entrance way of the school. Before he walked through it, he turned back to look at Akari, taking the tulip out of his hair and holding it in his fingers. "Oh, and I believe the lullaby you were singing is called "Edo", it's very popular" He said, as he gave a small grin and turned back around, walking out of the arched gateway.

"He heard?! He should've said that beforehand. Wait...why did he come out to me in the first place...." Akari pondered, before she followed Kyouya out ot the main entrance, "I want to know even more know..."