The Heartless - 3

Chapter 3

Its Saturday. But then you know that already. And it's in December. So... yea... in fact it is December the 5th. Yeah, the Christmas dance is totally coming up. And I don't have a date. But who cares, I don't wanna go anyway. But the bad thing is, my dad is making me go. Or I get my guitars taken away. And I would hate that.

So its like... -13 degrees outside, and I'm wearing my Lamb of God zip up hoodie again, this time zipped up, a ELEMENT beanie, and a pair of black VANS jeans. I'm supposed to meet up with Marcus, Jon, and Robby to join their band.

I have my guitar slung over my back in its case, a B C Rich Warlock with EMG pickups, and my mobile halfstack Peavey amp in its bag rolling behind me. Luckily the bag is waterproof.

This town is weird. Its called Sycamore. But then you already probably guessed that from the name. It's so small, not a big city like New York, even smaller than Cheyenne and Louisville. Like so tiny compare to New York, it's crazy. Like I could walk anywhere. To Mickey D's, to the movies, to the Italian restaurant, to like... anywhere.

I walk to the local food market, just like Marcus told me too. My cell phone rings and I answer, "Yo dude, meet me at McD k?" Marcus says.

"Why?" I ask.

"JUST DO IT!" Marcus yelled and hung up.

I start walking towards the McDonald's. I put my hand in my pocket and play with my knife. I never leave without it. I wonder, did this town always look so dreary. It's full of grays, browns, and whites. Well... just dreary colors. I see the McDonald's, even the red and yellow look faded and ugly. I see Marcus, Robby, and Jon standing out side. Their band stuff is set up on a platform in front of McDonald's with a crowd standing around.

"Dude what the hell?" I yell at him.

"Come on! You can play Raining Blood by Slayer right?" he says as I rush over to him.

"Of course" I say taking out my guitar.

"Do you know the lyrics?" Jon asks.

I look at him like he is crazy, "You want me to sing?"

"No one knows the lyrics." Robby chipped in. Looks like I have balls now. So I step up, plug my guitar in and walk up to the mic.

"Okay, I had no idea I was doing this today, so don't make fun of me, well damnit go ahead I don't care. Ummm... we are gonna play Raining Blood by Slayer." I say with obvious uneasiness. I look at Robby, who is our other guitarist, and starts of the song. We play it. And the crowd loved it though my vocals were off. So we play one more song by Slayer, Seasons in the Abyss, and I saw some people shake their heads because of my vocals.

After Seasons, I ask them if they know Perfect Insanity by Disturbed, they smile and nod. "Yeah, this next song is called Perfect Insanity, it's by Disturbed." We play it and my vocals match the song perfectly. The crowd goes wild. Like, there is this mosh out front of McDonald's. If you have ever been in a mosh, then you have a small idea of what it's like to have a mosh outside McD's. Like people were punching each other, then going in a getting a big mac and fries, like nothing happened. Then getting back in and head banging with ketchup flying everywhere. I got a lil on my shoes.

Then I see my dad's car driving by, he opens the window and gives me the devil horns. That's my dad for ya. A badass mo fo. Really, he is fucking my mother. Hahahahahahahahah.

After we do Two Weeks by All That Remains, the cops show up, ending the party. Kinda funny though. Cause there was already one cop here, headbanging in the crowd. I like this town. People are cool here.

So yea. The band and me talk about band names, and we settle on Fall of Humanity. I leave, go home, warm up some milk in the microwave and settle on the couch for some nice lazy bum time. But that didn't last long.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?" my mother screams entering the room. She is a beautiful woman, with shoulder length black hair and stunning brown eyes, but now, she looks like a demon.

"What?" I said innocently. Damn you Dad, you may be freaking awesome, but damn you tell mom everything.

"DON'T GIVE THAT FUCKING INNOCENT TONE TO ME! I KNOW YOU PLAYED AT THAT MCDONALDS! I SAW IT ON TV!" my mom screams. Go Dad! You didn't tell her. Ill give dad a hug for that.

"Come on Layla, lay up on him, he was just having a little fun with his friends, besides its not like he made national news." My dad said coming in the room. He has short brown hair and blue eyes. Yea I have his hair, and mom's eyes.

"SHUT UP BRAIN! I SAW YOU DO THE HORNS ON THE TV AT HIM TOO! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO ENCOURGE THIS KIND OF BEHAVER!" my mom rants. Oh when my mom rants, she rants. First she says that I could be noticed. Then she says the snow could of short circuited the amp or mic. Then she said we could have started a riot. Blah blah blah... sometimes I just wanna say SHUT UP BITCH! But I do the alternative.

"Well mom, I haven't had any real friends until these guys. They treated me like I was buddy right of the bat. I am sorry that they need a singer and a rhythm guitar to complete their line up. I am so damn sorry I wanted to actually have a life. I am so sorry that I am just a fucking failure. I am a dumbass, alright?" I storm up to my room, past Cray, our U.S. Marshall.

"Good show, just don't do it outside again, k?" he said to me with a reassuring look. Looks like all the guys are know are awesome, but all the girls are bitches. I slam my door and look around my room. My poster of SlipKnot is the first thing I see, so I play Surfacing by SlipKnot, yea. Hahahahahahahaha I am a good actor. I'm not really mad. Just irritated. They make me feel like I am two fucking years old! I mean I may act like that but that's not the point. I'm 16.

I lay down and sleep. Yea I fell asleep at 6 oclock. That's a shitty time to fall asleep on Saturday, but who gives a damn. Fuck Alaska man, it blows.