The Heartless - 4

Chapter 4

Yeah Sunday came and gone. My mom grounded me for the rest of the weekend. So I stayed at home listening to music and eating. Which is like heaven for me. Anyway, it's Monday the 7th and the dance is on the 18th. I don't wanna look like a nerd without a date, so I try my hardest to impress the ladies. Well, not really, I don't care really. I want Natalie.

I sit next to Natalie in lunch again today. Yeah, I mean, I could totally get slapped again, but do I care? Nope, in fact I am hoping for it. I want this girl to slap me like I am a naughty boy. Hahahahahahahaha, yeah, I am a freak. Deal with it. Hahahahaha

"What do you want queer?" she asks me with a deathly stare.

I pick up the pizza and take a bite out of it, "I just wanted to say sorry about what I said." What the hell am I saying? I wanna be a bitch, what the hell is wrong with me?

"Is that all?" she asks, obviously annoyed.

Tell her to fuck off man, you can do it! "If there is anything I can do to make it up to you, just tell me. And going away will not be one of them." WHAT THE HELL MAX! WHAT AM I DOING?

She looks at my face, trying to decipher if I am kidding or not. Damn, I wanna say I am, but it seems to me the nice guy is escaping. Damn you nice guy. Damn you.

I guess she couldn't detect any lie, "Yea, maybe there is one thing..."

"What?" I ask nervously.

"Maybe you could... SCREW YOURSELF AND LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" she screams at me.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SUCH A HEARTLESS BITCH? WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING THAT DESERVES YOUR UNDYING HATRED FOR ME?" I yell back, instantly regretting it.

She stares at me, breaks down crying, and flies out of the lunch room. I sit there, dumbstruck, the people all staring at me. I shrug them off and put up the I Don't Give A Fuck mood, but inside, I am beating the shit out of myself.

MORON! YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON! YOU PROBABLY BLEW EVERY CHANCE YOU HAD WITH HER RIGHT FUCKING THERE! YOU'RE SO DAMN STUPID! My mood stays like for the rest of the day.

Woodshop class was the only thing that made my anger about myself be released. I got pissed. I took a hammer. And smashed stuff. Like the bird house I was working on. Like, the doghouse my partner was working on. Like, the seat I was sitting on.

"MAXWELL DECUSO!" yells Mr. Tyler, the woodshop teacher, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Being pissed offed" I say smashing the chair. Oh yea the feeling of smashing things, nothing can beat it. Well, except holding a girl in your arms and kissing her softly as you caress her gently. Now that is pretty good. Hey, I have a soft side too.

Mr. Tyler runs over to me and snatches the hammer. So I punch it. I punch the table. I punch the wall. I punch the lockers on the way to the principal's office. I punch the chair as Principal Burgoh, a 53 year old fat woman, yells at me. I punch her desk as she calls my parents. I punch the ground when they take away my chair. I punch the wall as my parents are taking me. I punch the glass in the car. I punch the front door. I punch my staircase wall. I punch the wall in my room.

I look down and see my hand. It is bleeding profusely in class, after I punched the chair. Now, its like, just blood. Like, I mean, like I must have punched away the skin on my fist. Pretty fucking cool man. Bad thing is, I am suspended for the rest of the week. So yea. I am screwed. But hell, as long as I have my music I am good.

Tomorrow comes, and after school, Marcus calls me up, "DUDE! OH MY GOD! YOU ARE THE TALK OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL!"

"Sweet" I say wrapping a new gauze around my hand, wincing at the pain.

"NO YOU DON'T REALIZE! EVERYONE HEARD ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID, AND WHAT YOU DID! EVERYBODY NOW KNOWS YOU LIKE HER!"

"And I care why?" I said stretching the gauze so it would be tight.

His voice dropped to a whisper, "Dude that means Natalie knows."

"Hmmmmmmm..." I say. Maybe this could be good. Maybe this could be bad. Or maybe this will have no effect at all. Maybe I am just fooling myself. Maybe I am just part of someone's sick twisted game. Maybe the government is controlling me. Ok the second to last one is probably the least likely one.

I say whatever to Marcus, hang up and sleep. For the rest the week I sleep. Pretty exciting if you ask me. Well either way, come Monday, I better ask her to the dance. I don't care what she says. Or how she thinks of me, I am going to ask her. If she turns me down, fine. I don't give a damn.