Chapter I

Chapter I:
Cold December Night

"Snowflakes appear, when angels are near."

The snow was getting heavier, swirling down in great flurries over the silent town, purposefully filling foot shaped imprints in the crisp, bitter snow. The streets were empty, still immersed in the darkness that came before the late December night.

Naked trees dotted along the edge of the lanes creaked under the weight of the snow laying innocently on their branches that slid onto the ground during the sigh of the wind.

On that chilly night, Daichi was walking along the brick-laid pavements of Miyagi. He casually shoved both his hands inside his sweater's pockets, his breath frosty, as he marveled at the sight of snowflakes falling from above.

His shift just ended, and he was on his way to his apartment. Little did he know that on that cold December night, something was bound to happen — something that changed his life forever.

What is he doing here? His eyes widened at a man of slender physique, lying unconsciously on the ground, half his body covered in snow.

Tiny tufts of his silver locks cascaded over his forehead. A subtle smile registered on his face, as if he wasn't bothered by the cold.

Daichi stooped down to his level, caressing his cheeks as he shook him lightly. His actions were to no avail when the man covered in snow didn't even move a muscle.

His gaze swung from left to right, his eyebrows furrowed as he examined the man in sight. Who left you here to freeze? Daichi pursed his lips at the thought.

Usually, he wouldn't care; but this one was different. Something was telling him he had to help.

He knew he had to help the man, covered in the snow on that cold December night.