Novus

Novus - New, youthful in latin

When Daniel is still in deep slumber, he heard the doorbell ring and with his squinted unopened eye, he looked at his clock at the bedside table, and thinking that he has half an hour more before his alarm go off. The doorbell keeps on ringing, and Daniel slowly bring himself up and walk to the door. He opened it and see Piper with a big smile on her face holding a box in her hand. 

"Morning! Am I too early?", she said and questioning her time of arrival based on Daniel's facial expression. 

"Sort of, magister did not tell me that you're coming this early", Daniel said. 

"Oops, sorry. Perhaps when he said early, I don't think it was this early huh?", she pulls a guilty look. 

Daniel put his hand behind his neck, "magister is not gonna get up for another few hours sooo.."

Piper turned her back, "I'll come back then, I'm so sorry. I should have known not to come before the sun even rises. Silly me", and Daniel stops her, "no no, it is fine. I mean, you're here and I'm up so might as well. Come on in magistra", Daniel picked up her bag and invited her in. 

"You don't have to call me that", she said and Daniel bowed his head, "it's only customary, mea magistra. Let me show you to your room". Daniel walks upstairs and Piper followed him to this empty room, where there's only a bed and an armoire. "Whose room was this?", Piper asked putting the box down. "No ones, it has been vacant.It is supposed to fill with Magister's family if he ever got married but no, you're the first to stay in here", Daniel explained. 

"I apologize if it seems not up to your standard of comfort", Daniel continues. Piper shakes her head, "oh no, that's not what I meant. I was just asking, being a little curious cat. Sure, it looks a little dull but a little makeover will do the trick", she smiles and puts her hand on her hips. 

"I shall leave you to your room, mea magistra", Daniel said and leave the room. "Just call me Piper, I have a name you know!", she shouts but Daniel avoided that remark cause even though that she is not her Witch to serve just yet, but he thought it would be easier to get used to the custom so there'll be no awkwardness when the time comes. 

Daniel goes back downstairs to his room and get ready for another day of school, and when he's all ready, he grabs his bag pack and camera, walks upstairs to the kitchen to make some breakfast and he wouldn't know whether to make breakfast for Piper but might as well. As ancient or old-fashioned the house is, Daniel made an effort to have a coffee machine of his own cause he can't actually go through the day without a cup of coffee. While he was making eggs, he heard a Piper coming to the kitchen. "Wow, that smells good!", she exclaimed. "I hope mea magistra  have not eaten, I've made some extra eggs for you. Would you like a cup of tea to go with that?", Daniel offered. 

"I'm more of a coffee person and seriously, call me Piper! Call me Piper how I call you, Daniel. I don't call you adiutor ", she said and Daniel respond, "that's because you have a choice of calling me whatever you want, mea magistra",  "and you think you do not have a choice?", she questioned him back and Daniel thought to himself that perhaps that he does not have a choice, it's his duty to be respectful towards his Warlock or Witches, he has been taught that way, thus that is what he shall do. 

"Oh, it's nice seeing you both getting along", suddenly Magister Ferez walked into the kitchen, wearing his bedroom robe. "Mea magister, you're up early? Are you meeting anyone this early?", Daniel questions and place a plate of eggs and a cup of tea right in front of Ferez as he sits down at the kitchen table. "Yes, but she seems to be here already not giving me a chance to get ready and welcome her to her new home", he raised his eyebrows towards Piper's direction. "I apologize, Praceptor* (educator in latin). When you said early, I literally thought...early", Piper apologizes and Daniel hands her a cup of coffee.