Nictus

Nictus - Wink in Latin 

The time for Daniel to be accustomed with Piper's presence has arrived, he knows that every day at 7.30am, he'll stand in front of Piper's bedroom door and muttered a levitation spell to levitate Piper a few feet above the bed and let her go and let her land on the bed. He'll stay there and put his ear on the door to listen Piper scream, "I'm up". Then when Piper goes downstairs for her breakfast, a cup of coffee and a plate of toast and eggs is already ready at her usual spot on the kitchen counter. Daniel has been too accustomed to Piper's presence or he is just a good adiutor that whenever the both of them jumped out of the tree to go to school, there'll be a fresh pair of tshirt and jeans in his bag if Piper ever land on the ground with her face, which is frequently. 

"Mea magistra, you have to concentrate. You can't let the dimensional waves ruin your balance", Daniel said while handing her a tshirt he pulled out from his bag pack. "Thank you Dan, but I'm new to this plus I am not some dimensional wave surfer like you are, but I got the tree right this time", she winked and Daniel chuckled, shake his head and continue walking to school. As usual, Daniel will escort her to the bathroom while she change into her clothes and as soon Piper got out of the bathroom, a few girls are already screaming her name from a distance and motioning her over. Piper looks at Dan and Dan said, "go, they're waiting for you". "Come join us, please", Piper said but Daniel bit his lip in discomfort, "no, not today. I told you multiple times that I could not get along with those guys". Piper curves her lips into a small smile, feeling a tad guilty. She wants to hang with Daniel but she enjoys it with her new schoolmates as well, "one day, Dan. One day, I'm gonna get you hang with us and that day, you could not say no", she said before leaving Daniel to his comfort of being in solitude. 

It's a crime to like being in solitude, it makes you see things and with Daniel's camera, he captures things and sometimes he capture things that only an outsider could see. He leaned back on his locker and see this couple holding hands, walking down the hallway laughing and being all lovey dovey, Daniel picks up his camera and take a shot of this happy couple but what the camera reveals is in a split second, the girl made an annoyed face before going back to all smiles and laughs, and the boy's phone in his pocket has been vibrating this whole time and he chooses to ignore it, Daniel wonder why's that but at the same time he sorta could tell. 

The day goes by same-old same-old, and Daniel's favourite time of the day has to be sitting outside during lunch and he looks at his watch, and it's almost 12.30pm and he looks up and put his camera to his eye off to the road, he zooms in and as he see this tall guy crosses the road, click. 

Daniel put down his camera and look at him for the split second he has before this guy disappears. Did he just got his ears pierced? Daniel thought to himself and he muttered "interesting", under his breath. This guy doesn't appear every day, sometimes it's twice a week, sometimes thrice and sometimes he show up at all. All that Daniel knows is he work at this cafe not to far by the school, he went there once but didn't go inside. He just wants to know what does this guy do, and from outside the cafe, he could see him making drinks for his customers. When the school bell rings, he walks up to the photography room and immediately work on the photos he capture today, just because he managed to take a picture of this guy, the guy that always put a smile on his face without doing anything at all. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Daniel and Piper jumped into the tree to go back to  mystical underground, Daniel asked Piper, "have you switched off your phone?", and Piper grunted and take her phone out of her back pocket, "I can assure you that this Atlas guy could not find us cause mystical underground is simply in another universe". "We got to be cautious, you know that. You don't wanna just give out an open invitation to Altar and let him wipe out the whole mystical community", Daniel explained.