Historia

Historia - Story

"More to the story?", Daniel asks his magister in full concern. "What's happening?", he continues. Magister Ferez quickly takes a book out of the shelf and opens it, flicking through the pages, "but you have nothing to worry about my boy, I've got everything under control". 

Daniel walk towards Ferez and said,"with all due respect mea magister, you specialize in potion, not battle magic. What happened to Magister Guerrera? He's a senior warlock specializes in battle magic, why do you have to learn it as well?". "We need all the help we need", he said and none of this is easing Daniel's nerves, "then teach me, teach Piper. If you need all the help you need, let us help you. This is Altar we are talking about!", he bluntly said. "Dan, I guess we should leave Magister alone", Piper said and lightly grabbing his hand but Daniel pulled it away, "no, if it's true that Altar is coming then we should prepare ourselves!". 

"Dan, let's go. We'll talk about this in the morning", Piper never seen Daniel this highstrung so she tries to calm him down but Daniel just would not give in. "No! I want to know-", "Daniel, go to your room and that's an order! I have important things to attend to and I demand no interruption", Ferez made himself clear and the the stern speech startled him and he lowered his head slightly and left the library. Piper looked at Daniel with his disappointing expression and she look back at Ferez studiously looking through the books he has on his table. Without saying anything, she left the library and go straight to her room.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Piper walk downstairs to find Daniel in the kitchen preparing breakfast. "How are you feeling?", she asks and sits down on her stool. He puts her mug in front of her and pour coffee into it, "not so great. I just wanted to help, you know". "I know", she said. "I mean, he did say he needs all the help he can get, and we should help because Altar is a real threat and if anything happens to him, I don't think I can live with myself. Yes, he's my magister but he is also m-my.....", he explained and Piper puts her hand on top of his, "I know and we'll do anything we can to protect him". Daniel smiled at her cause she has been a great friend, a friend that Daniel needs. 

Suddenly, they heard the front door open and Piper take a peep and it seems two Senior Warlock, Magister Guererra and Magister Holt is at the front door with Ferez, "why are they here?", she whispered and Daniel asked, "who?". 

"Guererra and Holt", she said. "Perhaps talking about the Altar situation", he said but then he got excited and asked her, "what are they talking about?". Piper looked back at Daniel, "you want me to eavesdrop?!". "Yes, find out what they are talking about, gather some intel", Daniel said.

"We are witches and warlocks, not spy agents", Piper clarified and Daniel respond, "same methods apply". Piper heads closely to the hallway and try to hear what they're talking about.

"Where did you see the blue smoke?", Holt asked and Ferez said, "other side. I was buying some stuffs and I saw it". 

Piper couldn't believe her ears, "he lied". "Who lied?", Daniel leans towards the counter. "Ferez", Piper said. "What did he lie about?", Daniel asked. 

"He said he was the one that saw the smoke. Why would he do that?", she turns around and tells Daniel that. Daniel is confused himself, as far as he has been Ferez's adiutor, He never lied to a fellow Senior Warlock. 

"Was the boy with you?", Guererra asked and Ferez shakes his head. "Then he's not the one that lured him here", Holt continued. "We need to get going", Ferez said, "I need to grab something first", he continued. He walks towards the kitchen and Piper nervously got up and sits back on her stool, "he's coming". 

"I'm going out and I'll be coming home late", he said and grabs his tumblr, "is the tea leaves in here, my boy?". Daniel nods his head and asked, "are you going to work on the Altar situation?", Ferez answers, "yes, and I don't want you anyway near it". 

"Is that why you lied?", Piper asked straight out. "Were you eavesdropping?", Ferez raised his voice, feeling annoyed. "This is not the kind of influence I want you to have on Daniel, Piper. I want you both to stay here, and not go out. That's an order", he said before walking out and slams the door behind him. 

"Why would he lie?", Daniel wonder. "To protect us?", Piper guessed. "But he lied to the Senior Warlocks and any information is valuable, especially on this matter. I just don't get it", Daniel exclaims. "Then, let's go and find out", Piper said and Daniel chuckled, "we have to stay in, remember?". 

"Who says we have to go out?", she smirks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------