Chapter 2

For those of you who cant really picture Miakoda. This is my toon in WoW based off of her. Ignore the sad transmog Im not good with xmogs lol.
**********

Miakoda stood changed now. Some odd years had passed now and she watched as the Dark Portal was being reopened once more, she 'watched' it all happen and sighed. She looked like she belonged with the Illidari instead of the Night Elven people and knew that she would be unwelcome in the Night Elven cities. "Miakoda!" Illidan's voice rang out as he landed near to her. "What is the report?"

"They are attempting to reuse the Portal. What is your wish?"

"Leave it and come with me. I have a special task in store for you my dear." He smiled as she joined him in heading back to the Black Temple. Like him she had wings but her's were a touch more feminine. They were slender and looked delicate but were not at all delicate. When they landed he explained what he wanted done. "I have already sent many to Mar'dum but you are going on a special mission. You are to go back to Azeroth and watch over the Night Elf race and train those who wish to follow in our ways."

Miakoda felt hesitant but she nodded. "Anything special I should tell them?"

"Only that their reward is being stronger then the Burning Legion." Illidan watched as Mia turned to leave. "Miakoda!" He called out and she halted to look at him.

"Yes, Lord Illidan?"

"Be safe and watch out for my brother, Malfurion. He will not understand the change that you have chosen to take on." He spoke keeping his feelings to himself. She was his counterpart and equal, she had been since he saved her those years ago and since he had trained her personally. He was sending her to Azeroth for her own protection, protection from Miave Shadowsong who would see Miakoda suffer if found.

"I will my lord." Miakoda spoke and left.

********

Malfurion, Tyrande and a Night Elf sentry stood speaking. The news was always bittersweet but now it was worse. The Sentry was sent away and Tyrande left to commune with Elune leaving Malfurion alone in his thoughts. When Tyrande came back she seemed to carry mixed emotions. "What is it Tyrande?" Malfurion asked worriedly.

"Miakoda has returned." Tyrande spoke and she saw Malfurion's eyes light up with joy. "But she has followed the path of Illidan." His face fell into thoughtfulness.

"Where is she?"

"Nearby but not here. She has set up camp on the mainland. Illidan has warned her to watch out for you but when she sees you she will be torn between her feelings of obeying orders and speaking to you." Tyrande sighed. "Even after all this time she still adores you."

"Lead me to her and I will speak with her and see if she is to far gone."

"I hope she is not." Tyrande whispered as she told him how to get to Miakoda.

********

Miakoda smiled as she spoke to a new Demon Hunter then dismissed him. "Lord Illidan would be pleased with the amount of recruits I have gathered." She walked towards her own 'tent' and sighed heavily. her blindfold covered her eyes which had been burned out and replaced with the Fel arcane energy. When she reached her tent she stopped and turned to face the entrance as someone, no three someones, were coming her way. Two are my trainees, but who is the third?

"Please wait here, I will see if Lady Miakoda is in the mood for visitors." the voice of one trainee spoke in a gutteral growl as he walked in, making her quick to speak.

"Who is here to disrupt the training?"

"Archdruid Malfurion is here, my Lady. What do you wish?"

Miakoda stood her ground, though inside she was reeling. "Send him in and leave us until called for." She commanded as he walked out and Malfurion walked in. She could now 'see' him properly and felt stirring emotions. Her love for him as her adoptive father wanted to override her orders from Illidan but she would remain neutral as they stood facing each other.

"Miakoda?" Malfurion could barely see her in this light but he knew she was there.

"Why are you here?" She asked letting her feelings be known to him through her voice, she was truly torn but managed to keep a straight face.

"I had to see you. Have you...?" He didn't need to ask as she stepped from the shadows into the light that streamed in from the open tent flaps. "I see you have changed." He was slightly devestated to see that she was now like Illidan but he sensed that she was not to far gone, not yet. "Mia tell me what is going on?"

"I wish I could tell you but I don't know where to start."

"Come home and attempt to tell both your mother and I."

"I cannot return home." She looked away to the table where her map rested and Malfurion thought for a moment. "I have changed and become too different to not gain unwanted attention."

"Illidan has warned you against me hasn't he?"

"Why would he not? You did banish him, what should make me think you would not do the same to me?" She spoke with wise, yet harsh, words and he began to rack his mind as the invisible backlash struck hard.

"Come home and I swear by Elune's name that I will not banish you without reason." He swore to her causing her to look to him with muted surprise.

"I will return but only after I see one request filled."

"What do you need?"

"A place secluded away from the other Night Elven people where my trainees may train in peace. We have done no harm and take care of our own. Yes we battle with the Fel energies within us but we take care of it ourselves if we fail." Miakoda told him her tone now sharp; she knew Malfurion well enough to know that he would not yield but she would stand her ground.

Though Malfurion did not like her request he complied and agreed to set aside an area just for her Demon Hunters in training where prying eyes would not interrupt. She promised to keep the hunting of Demons and the rituals of the Hunters in another area away from that place and soon Malfurion left to tell Tyrande. Miakoda walked out of her tent and called for two full trained Night Elf Demon Hunters. "Prepare to move out to a new area. We are returning home but at a cost." When she told them what the cost was they agreed and everything was soon collapsed down and it looked as if no one had been there. Home sounds so distant. My home is in the Outlands now not with Malfurion and Tyrande but I will try. Lord Illidan, I miss you.

*******

Illidan stood at the top of the Black Temple and sighed. Word had reached him that Malfurion had spoken to Mia and he wonder what terms she had come to with his twin. Miakoda are you still loyal to me? You sacrifice so much and no one accepts this more than I. Mia I love you. He thought as it was reported that Miakoda was returning to Malfurion and Tyrande with a cost. "What cost?"

"That an area be set aside for those under her to train without interruption from the rest of the Night Elven race. But Malfurion agreed with a part that they keep the rituals and hunting of the Fel away from the home of the Night Elves."

"She agreed?"

"Rather reluctantly, My Lord."

Illidan felt a smile creep onto his face then; Mia was more like him then he had originally thought, and that caused his heart to leap. But his thoughts turned dark, Miave Shadowsong was still coming for him and he wondered what would keep her from Miakoda. She is not safe even with my brother. And fear for her consumed his thoughts.